Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

7 followers Follow

Rekordbox Soooo Slow (6.0.X)

Hey all.

I'm a relatively new user to Rekordbox and am encountering performance problems which is leaving me nearly pulling my hair out! I'm currently running the latest version of Rekordbox 6.0.4 and it's so slow. Simply scrolling a single page within the application takes around 2 minutes.

https://youtu.be/FHfvDHbR0Ls

My PC spec is fairly epic.

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X
Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master
32GB of Corsair 3200 DDR4 RAM
Gigabyte AORUS M.2 PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD
Windows 10 (Build 2004)

Any tips you can provide would be extremely welcome.

Thank you.

Metrafaze Answered

Official comment

Sorry guys, we are aware of this and our team is working to improve it. In the meantime, here are some tips to improve performance:

1) Disable any modes / features you don't need, eg. DVS, Video, Lyric, Lighting - they're enabled by default, so open the preferences and toggle off the ones you aren't using.

2) Disable the preview waveform column in the collection by right-clicking the column headers and un-check the preview column.

3) If you're still noticing a slow scroll through the collection, there are two other things you can try - one is to open the Preferences > Advanced > Browse, and check the "Display Playlists Quicker" check box, the other is Preferences > View > Waveform Drawing Rate - change it to a lower value.

Unfortunately AMD processors are still not supported since they still don't handle data quite the same way as Intel CPUs, and as such, may be more likely to experience audio glitches / pops / clicks / etc., as well as sync issues between the visuals and audio. We are aware that they have certainly come a long way in the last 2 years on the new Zen 2 architecture, and we hope to be able to provide support for them in future.

Pulse
Comment actions Permalink

Please sign in to leave a comment.

13 comments

According to the requirements that processor is not supported, Maybe that's what is causing the issue? not 100% but a place to start

BriChi 1 vote

Thanks for your reply.

I am having the same problem on my i7 with the same music library. I'm surprised the spec requirement doesn't list AMD CPU's.

Metrafaze 0 votes

Yeah, i did try V6 even on my mac and it was slow so im just sticking with 5 being i only use it for export mode 

BriChi 1 vote

Yeah, is true. Rekodbox is very slow and bumps when loading between playlists. I have a macbook pro 13" 2019 top specs and it also happens to me.

It is true that rekordbox has improved a lot from version 6.0 to 6.4 but it isn't enough. They must improve a lot more the performance of the app and the latency with his own controllers

Alberto Gombau 1 vote

Thanks for the official stance Pioneer. I will try out some of the tweaks as recommended to see if they help. Just to note that I have similar problems on my Intel I7 rig.

I for one am certainly looking forward to Rekordbox improvements in the future, especially with the industry leading AMD Zen 2 architecture. If you need any beta testers then please give me a shout.

Metrafaze 0 votes

Just an update, having the preview column enabled seems to be what was causing the issue. Although this is an extremely useful feature that I'm going to struggle not having, I have no choice but to disable it for the time being.

It seems that by having this enabled, Rekordbox is conducting some kind of prefetch on the audio which is causing the extreme latency within the application.

Metrafaze 0 votes

One week on from having had to turn the preview column off and this is killing me! I'm now having to use other software to preview my tracks. Although turning it off sorts the performance problems it takes away 50% of what makes this software great.

Metrafaze 0 votes

Just a question: I am running a converted library (from RB5 to RB6) and experience the same issues. Does anyone have the issues with a library created from scratch? Maybe it is a conversion thing......

Leon Hartog 0 votes

I'm afraid so Leon. My most recent library was created in version 6.

Metrafaze 0 votes

So basically Rekordbox 6 isn't fit for purpose :( I've lost 5 months of playlists and tags and now can't even load RB 6 without it asking to convert my library every time. Still waiting on further response from Pioneer Support.

Looks like I'm going back to RB5 for future gigs..

davold 0 votes

Pioneer fixed this in version 6.1.1. Scrolling is smooth again.

Leon Hartog 1 vote

Yeah, they improved a lot the scrolling and performance this time. That's the right way.

Alberto Gombau 0 votes