Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

2 followers Follow

Possible? CDJ and XDJ-RX/2 in export mode together

I have tried to find information about following scenario in vain: Is it possible to use simultaneously a CDJ such as 900nxs with Rekordbox via ethernet and XDJ-RX2 via USB in LINK Export mode, both accessing a single computer and a single Rekordbox instance? I know this is a peculiar setup, but I would like to know if this is possible or not!

PPi

Please sign in to leave a comment.

6 comments

Hey PPi,

Given that the RX and RX2 don't have more than 2 channels for the mixer, I'd say you're going to have a hard time incorporating the CDJ.

Pulse 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

That is true, but a third deck could be added via AUX using an additional mixer OR a channel strip to the system. It would be interesting to have a single source for all the music in this kind of scenario. Thanks for a prompt reply though.

PPi 0 votes

Mind you, using the line input on either XDJ channel works perfectly well too with an older CDJ (yes, why not, you can then use CD's as well), so one might have one for many reasons albeit it is not going to be as useful and versatile as it would be with a true 4 channel DJM or any other mixer.

Let's put these limitations aside for a moment and hopefully someone can tell if it is possible to have two LINK EXPORT connections to Rekordbox, or better yet, even test and verify this.

PPi 0 votes

Sorry, they're not compatible devices when linking.

When connecting the XDJ-RX and a CDJ to rekordbox in export mode, the XDJ will show:

And the CDJ will show:

The XDJ-RX2 itself uses an ethernet-over-USB bridge as it does not have an ethernet port for Pro DJ Link, and as such, your computer isn't capable of bridging that network with another network to provide a Pro DJ Link to another connected product either. Sorry!

Pulse 1 vote

Well, that was a very thorough answer, maybe even more then I hoped for! The XDJ error message is quite strange as it is like if it was trying to connect to CDJ, while the CDJ makes more sense if XDJ was already accessing Rekordbox and is in line with what I was afraid of. In either case, it seems to be a no-go.

Too bad it is like this, but in the end, I think it is business logic. Thank you so much for your effort!

PPi 0 votes

Nah, it's really more "We never designed these things to work together, so they fight like siblings." lol

Pulse 1 vote