Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

3 followers Follow

Why does my USB work with my XDJ-XZ but not on a CDJ-2000NXS2

I got my USB prepared and songs analyzed on Rekordbox 6 and the USB works as expected on my XDJ-XZ. I brought the same USB to my friends house and it was not detected on a CDJ-2000NXS2. What am I doing wrong here?
John Cipollone

Please sign in to leave a comment.

4 comments

Some drives just don't work in all players; what's the make/model of the USB drive and what format is the filesystem (FAT32 or HFS+)?

Pulse 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

It's a no name USB I got off Amazon. Do you have a list of supported USB drives then?

Thank you

John Cipollone 0 votes

No official list, but in personal testing, I've had the best success with SanDisk Extreme Pro USB 3.0 and 3.1 drives, as well as the Corsair Voyager GTX 3.0.

Pulse 0 votes

Hey @Pulse I'm actually having the same issue that just started occurring this week, on multiple drives including a SanDisk Extreme Pro and a SanDisk ultra flair. These drives have worked just fine all throughout the last year [in CDJs and XDJ all-in-ones], and still continue to function normally inside Rekordbox (and as of last week, also in XDJ RX and RX2 units), but when put into CDJ2000nxs2, they show "Format USB". 

Just for the sake of troubleshooting I went back and tried formatting the drives (FAT32, MBR), and tried removing the most recent additions to playlists, to no avail. This is my full-time job and I'm definitely panicked a bit because that's the most frequent way I play at gigs. 

I have been running Rekordbox 6.5.3, but also tried upgrading to 6.6.1 which didn't change the outcome either. I'm at a total loss here.

For the moment I no longer have access to the RX and RX2 units, so I can't confirm that they continue to work there, just that they absolutely did as recently as last week in the same configuration/state that they were put into the CDJs where they didn't work. 

Any suggestions?

Cam Colston 0 votes