Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

2 followers Follow

Loop on Rekordbox

I own ddj ergo (since 2013) and ddj 800 (bought new in july 2020), and was owning ddj rz for 5 years (2015-2020). What do you done with loop on and off function on rekordbox? It was simple: i select loop size 2, 4, 8 bars and pres Active loop button and on the same button turn it off. NOW YOU CHANGE IT, WHY? This is my isue: On DDJ ERGO I select loop size for exemple 8 bars and pres AUTO LOOP button and it active loop on 4 bars autimaticly, why is that? I pre select it on 8 bars? On DDJ 800 you even can not map buttons to pre select loop size and again you can not map button to act as ON and OFF button for pre selected loop. When i was owning DDJ RZ it was simple to use loops you pre selected size of loop pres active loop and it turn loop on and it size is as i selected it and the same buttons that allow you to chose loop size when loop is on when you press it change loop lenght to smaller or bigger, than you can play with your loops amd turn it off on the same button that activated loop. PLEASE MAKE IT WORK AS SIMPLE AS IT WAS.
Gale Answered

Official comment

There are a few ways to easily loop on the DDJ-800:

1) Enable quantize, press loop in, wait 8 bars, press loop out.

2) Press and hold the LOOP IN button to create the 4 beat loop, press the loop 2x button a few times to extend the length.

3) Use the BEAT LOOP pad mode; press the page right button to get to the longer values, and press PAD 6 (which is 128 beats = 32 bars).

Pulse
Comment actions Permalink

Post is closed for comments.

3 comments

1. I do not want to wait for 8 bars.

2. I do not want to create 4 bar beat loop

3. I i know there is BEAT LOOP on pad mode

Pleas read what i write in topic.

I want when i pre select loop size on AUTO BEAT LOOP section to 2 bars size and press auto loop button, i want to 2 bar be activated. Like it was on DDJ RZ you make updates on rekordbox and strip out loop functio to make it like on CDJ but loop function on CDJ is not better than on DDJ RZ and it have more functions and it is easyer to use on DDJ RZ. So again i want when i select loop size on 1/2 beat and press ACTIVATE BEAT LOOP, that 1/2 chosen loop size to be activated insted of 4 bar loop, why do you make it 4 bars to be default. On ddj 800 you have CUE/LOOP CALL buttons i want to be able to map that buttons to HALVE THE LOOP and DOUBLE THE LOOP and RELOOP/EXIT (ACTIVE LOOP) button to be able to map to ACTIVATE pre selected loop size. Do you understand me, please answer me do you understand what i am asking of you. I am using your products for over 10 years and i do not understand what is your plan for the future becouse you make almost perfect devices: DDJ RZ, DDJ RZX, DDJ RX, DDJ RR and now your new devices have less functions and strip out version of old functions, i just dont get it... if you want to go in that direction its your right, but leave us option to midi map devices, do not strip that option for us. I think that a lot of us - your users, are disappointed in new devices and stripping out functions, and you make us to make compromise insted to improve your products. DDJ RR have more functions than DDJ 800, DDJ RX have more functions than DDJ 1000... DDJ RZX and DDJ RZ have more functiond than any XDJ CONTROLER.... Users that need to buy new controller becouse old are broken or just its time to be replaced must to make compromise or to search for same used controler in better condition becouse new products are strip out, have less buttons and functions... 

Gale 0 votes

I understand your request however that is not likely to change, hence the provision of 3 alternate methods to create the loop.

Thank you for your feedback.

Pulse 0 votes