Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

3 followers Follow

Rekordbox - track exists in the collection

Hey so im going through my collection and ive for some reason got 2100 duplicates - when i try auto relocate them i get the following error -

Now im worried if i delete them il loose the files from my playlists etc

Richard Ince Answered

Official comment

Hey Richard,

Looks to me like you probably imported the music, moved it, then imported it again. You won't lose it if you remove the duplicates (you can sort by date added or location to determine which are the "fake" duplicates that don't have your grid adjustments and hot cues), then use the relocation tool again.

Pulse
Comment actions Permalink

Please sign in to leave a comment.

5 comments

I'm facing the same dillema
My tracks are well sorted amongst playlists, and I don't want to start deleting duplicates if the other duplicate doesn't exist in any playlists

What's weird is it keeps occasionally happening on older tracks, not new tracks that I have imported recently and the import dates are the same

Is there a way to check which version of each duplicate exists in playlists so as to delete the other?

Drudge 0 votes

Ideally - being able to just Merge tracks that already exist in collection, OR, having a function which prevents a track being imported twice, would be ideal

Drudge 0 votes

It's also crazy that Rekordbox can detect that the track already exists in the collection, yet when you delete the duplicate from the collection, it can't auto-relocate the track... 

Drudge 0 votes

You can find which songs are in which playlist by clicking the dropdown that appears at the top-left of the rekordbox collection window when that song is in 1 or more playlists; no drop-down, no playlists.

As noted above, if you have duplicates, it's because you moved the songs and then imported them a second time. You can try your luck at autorelocation, but it there is no automated process to match the missing entry to the song when you delete its twin.

Pulse 0 votes