Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

3 followers Follow

DDJ-400 not visible with latest Dell XPS laptop (11th gen tiger lake)

Hi Everyone, Pioneer support,

I recently bought the new Dell XPS (9310) with 11th gen intel tiger lake processors.
It appears the DDJ-400 controller gets power, is set up as a device. However it does not appear under audio inputs & outputs. On my other dell laptop it appears as a Line device. 

The XPS laptop only has the USB-C connection. So I am connecting the DDJ-400 via my docking station and also tried to connect directly to the laptop by going from USB-A to USB-C. Both situations end up with the same case: device gets powered, loaded into devices but does not appear under audio input & outputs.

Anyone got any advice for me?

Thanks in advance.

Jasper Blaauw Answered

Official comment

I see that you have an 11th-gen Intel CPU. We have identified an issue where the computer doesn't seem to correctly recognize the device as a MIDI device due to a problem with the compatibility between the CPU and the pre-installed drivers. 

Please check the your computer manufacturer's support site for updated audio drivers for your computer (eg. HP > https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers)

We're aware that Dell and Acer have provided updates, others may need to wait or request updates from their manufacturers.

Thanks!

Pulse
Comment actions Permalink

Please sign in to leave a comment.

4 comments

Exact same problem bro, mine is Lenovo yoga 13s, Intel 11th gen, no USB-A port.

Hope Pioneer support could work this out...

Alan Zhao 0 votes

Solved the issue. Had to run all the system updates on the new laptop. After this it worked. 

Jasper Blaauw 0 votes

Not working... I tried all the system updates

Could you please tell me which specific update works

Thanks bro

Alan Zhao 0 votes