Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

3 followers Follow

DDJ-SR2 hardware failed to connect... Windows 10

Hi,

I bought a new Acer Aspire 5 computer with 11th generation Intel i5 1135G, 16 GB of RAM. I've been using the DDJ-SR2 for 3 years on two different computers and there has never been a problem. Right after installing windows 10, everything worked fine, but after a few days of installation, Serato does not detect the controller and the same message still appears: DDJ-SR2 hardware connecting. This can take up to one minute and then hardware failed to connect. Please try again. Of course, nothing changes. I read on the Serto website that there is a problem with the 11th gen of Intel processors and Realtek audio drivers? I installed drivers for the sound card: older from Acer page, Windows installed newer (via automatic update), but it didn't change anything. What can I do in this situation? I am using Serato with the latest version 2.4.4, Windows version 10 Home, 20H2, 19042.746. Please give me tips on what I can do. Kind regards!

Lukasz Kowalik Answered

Official comment

The problem is the 11th gen Intel CPU has a conflict with the drivers for your internal audio device. You'll need to get an update from Acer, sorry!

Pulse
Comment actions Permalink

Please sign in to leave a comment.

5 comments

Do you have an older version of Serato you could try and open?  You can download other versions from the Serato site.

Jay 0 votes

Tried with a few earlier versions, it has no effect on the connection. Any additional ideas?

Lukasz Kowalik 0 votes

By internal audio device you mean my laptop's sound card which is Realtek Audio, or the audio from the DDJ-SR2 Controller? Who should I write to, Acer or to Realtek? Is there any chance that Pioneer can do something about it?

Lukasz Kowalik 0 votes

Lukasz,

You need to get an updated driver from Acer; Realtek is the manufacturer of the audio chip, but Acer is the one who bundles the driver for their computer.

Pulse 0 votes