Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

3 followers Follow

CDJ-3000 - Slow read times on large libraries

Was able to get my hands on a 3000 for a few days from a local shop and I LOVE them and once I get back to DJ'ing when this Covid stuff ends then I most likely will be buy a pair to swap out my NXS2's

The only thing so far I notcied is the very slow read times on large drives. My NXS2's can read and search quicker then the 3000 which is weird considering the faster chip

I exported my entire collection, 50,000+ tracks to my USB-C Samsung drive which is very fast, I have used it for years on the previous players. 2 issues I see when plugging in and using

1. it takes almost a full minute for the drive to show up and be selectable (the nxs2 took a few seconds)

VIDEO - https://youtu.be/_3PWyfxcNQM

2. when I search for a track, again it takes over 20 seconds for the results where the NXS2 took under 5 seconds to show. 20 seconds in DJ world in 20 minutes of sweating, LOL

VIDEO - https://youtu.be/-zey1_58Y2E

Other then that, these things are awesome! the fast loading track time is a such a deal breaker for me too, 8 hot cues and the track loads instantaneous, love it!

BriChi Answered

Please sign in to leave a comment.

5 comments

will do! Just doing tests today in increments of adding 5000 tracks and time the load times so I can give as much info as possible in the ticket. Thanks Pulse!

BriChi 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

>1. it takes almost a full minute for the drive to show up and be selectable (the nxs2 took a few seconds)

Which is the drive format, HFS + or FAT32?

tomo 0 votes

HFS+ is a lot slower, just tested the following

Same Samsung T3 500GB ssd using Rekordbox 6.4.2

Exported all playlists containing roughly 30k+ tracks

HFS+ took about 55 seconds to appear on the 3000

formatted drive to FAT32, exported same exact tracks/playlists and it loaded up on the player in under 9 seconds. 

Overall the search after typing in a song is still slow but the load times on FAT32 are way faster

Tomo, Should I put a ticket in still or are you one of the developers with Pioneer also?

BriChi 0 votes

I threw a ticket in so its registered there also. thanks guys!

BriChi 0 votes