Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

2 followers Follow

Intelligent Playlist My Tags Rekordbox 6

Hello. This is hard explain but i'll do my best.

So i creat intelligent playlists to organise my collection using My Tag. Its great but i have come across a problem. After creating a new intelligent playlist, and setting conditions to "My Tag", match any of the, multipull tags. I find that a lot of tunes are missing.

For example-

I have a Drum and Bass intelligent playlist (My Tag) and i have a separate Jungle intelligent playlist (My Tag). But i want to creat another Intelligent Playlist for Drum and Bass / Jungle. So i set conditions to My Tag, Match any of. Tagged Drum and Bass +Tagged Jungle.

But when i look at the number of tracks in the new Drum and Bass/Jungle playlist, it does not include ALL the tracks in both, separate, playlists....

..For example... Drum and Bass Intelligent playlist has 387 tunes, Jungle Intelligent playlist has 315 tunes....which is 702 tunes in total. But my new Drum and Bass / Jungle playlist only has 549 tunes in. So its missing 153 tunes.

Hope it makes sense, its confusing.

Am i doing something wrong regarding Tagging / Intelligent Playlists?

I am using rekordbox 6.5.0

Cheers

Joe

Joe Hyde

Please sign in to leave a comment.

5 comments

Hey Joe,

I'd recommend you look into which tags are on which tracks. Change that intelligent list to "match ALL of the following conditions" instead of ANY, if you have 153 songs on that list, you have overlap which accounts for the difference.

Pulse 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

Hi Pulse. Oh yeah thats it. Makes total sense now. Thank you

Joe Hyde 0 votes

Joe,

That was speculation -- please do give it a check to see if that was the case, if not, we can certainly dig deeper!

Pulse 0 votes

Hi Pulse

Yeah i checked by changing the conditions, and you were right. Some tunes, 153 of them, i have tagged as both drum and bass, and jungle as genre... seems obvious now i think about it ;-/

Thanks

Joe Hyde 0 votes

All good! Glad to hear that was the reason and not some gremlin. ;)

Pulse 0 votes