Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publicación

5 seguidores Seguir

Rekordbox Export Mode - Error on export

Now that i'm using USB more at home (with a NXS2 setup), I'm relying more on the export function.  It's frustrating when I export my entire collection that it randomly errors. I spent hours exporting and seeing where it left off and then searching for the file only to find the reason.  For example, one file had a ";" in it, which caused the error.

There are other MP3s that I ripped myself probably 10 years ago that errorred as well as they have two underscores in the file name something like "3 Drives on a Vinyl -- Greece 2000 __--__ HJ vinyl rip.mp3" . 

It's a long tedious process to figure out what RB doesn't like.  Pulse - can you post what things to search for that will upset Rekordbox.  There are characters that the mac Journaled OS supports but obviously FAT32 doesnt -- which is why there is an error.  I'd like to scour my colletion first before attempting to export again. It's about 50 gigs (5000 tracks) so i'd be nice to see a list of non-compliant files first rather than doing it the way I've been doing it. Thanks

DJ Chase Respondida

Comentario oficial

@Harry > We don't have a list of things that will break the export, but I think it's fairly safe to say there are certain characters, such as a slash (either way), a colon, semi-colon, ampersand, dollar sign (as a leading character), etc. which can throw off the operating system, never mind applications, and those should be scrubbed from your filenames.

The double-underscore shouldn't be an issue, I wonder if that was simply a problem of the total file & path length exceeding 256 characters?

Mac's OS's are a little more forgiving about filenames and characters than Windows is, so yeah, HFS+ may be one option, but the best fix is to clean the filenames.

Pulse
Acciones de comentarios Permalink

Iniciar sesión para dejar un comentario.

8 comentarios

Why don't you just format your USB drive as HFS+?

Erik Minekus 0 votos

It would be great to at least throw an explicit error and not go through all our collection and try to figure out playlist by playlist which song could cause this error.

seriously

hazer 0 votos

That it would, but alas, it is not. Unless you find an export log in your Documents folder, the only way to find it (currently) is to dig.

Pulse 0 votos

I had to connect to this forum through a private navigator if not I had a blank page when I clic on "new post". The authentication didn't work on smartphone too.

I think you have a problem with handling sessions.

Whatever, the problem does not come from my filenames. It is internal to rekordbox.

This is my case study, imagine I have 3 playlists: A, B and C.

When I have this error it stop the exporting of playlist A. So I checked all the filenames on the playlist A but every single file was right.

Then, without doing any modiciation I exported all the three playlist again.

I had the error again, but this time playlist A was successfully exported, the error occured exporting playlist B.

So yeah, I found the solution, but it's very odd. Export again, and again, and again, even if I have the error until all my playlists are exported.

The problem is yours. I never had this error with rekordbox 5.2.

This is shamefull for a company who overpriced their product, and knowing that the well known standalones depends on this function.

hazer 0 votos

Re: your login, please clear your browser's cache, clear the cookies for:

*.pioneerdj.com
*.zendesk.com
*.gigya.com

...and allow cookies for 3rd party sites.

The export issues are either related to your USB device not performing properly and writing the data as expected, or the files it's trying to export from rekordbox may have some issues.

We have asked our engineers to provide additional information in the export log when this occurs but we are still waiting for it to be implemented.

Pulse 0 votos

Hi everyone I'm having the exact same issue. The usb is FAT32 and I've tried multiple drives including SSD.

I keep on getting an export error message without a logical explanation.

It happens randomly when I export the whole collection and also using sync manager.

The weird thing is it's sometimes ok when I sync individual playlists again and again.

It's very unpredictable and there are no strange characters in the filenames.

Can the engineers please look into this as a priority as there should be an export log showing why the export failed.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

Thanks.

Christopher Iyer 0 votos

@Christopher > There is an export error log - look to see if one exists in the rekordbox folder within your user's Documents folder.

Pulse 0 votos