Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publicación

4 seguidores Seguir

Missing Rekordbox ChannelLevelMeter MIDI out

Where has the ChannelLevelMeter MIDI setting gone? It was in Rekordbox4. I've been waiting for a fix for it. (see post https://forums.pioneerdj.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/207729546-MIDI-Map-VU-Meter?input_string=Missing%20Rekordbox%20ChannelLevelMeter%20MIDI%20out)

Cylume Respondida

Comentario oficial

This is a low-priority issue as it involves non-Pioneer DJ hardware. The signal does get output, but as other devices can sometimes require different signals / values, they can't guarantee the function or performance. Sorry!

Pulse
Acciones de comentarios Permalink

Iniciar sesión para dejar un comentario.

8 comentarios

Not sure, I'll pass that up to the rekordbox team.

Pulse 0 votos

Hey guys,

is this resolved by now? I'd love to map the VU meter on my Akai AMX in Rekordbox!

Thanks and best regards

Stefan

Aka Zub 0 votos

Thanks for your reply @Pulse 

Can you advice what the output signal is called? Still "ChannelLevelMeter"? I'm happy to remap values with middleware but I do not see any data coming out of Rekordbox. Would renaming the midi controller to a supported controller name help? 

Cheers 

Spencer Cappiello 0 votos

The workaround I've been forced to use is to name one of your midi controllers a Pioneer controller name. Rekordbox doesn't send a signal for VU meters otherwise. You can add a fake controller midi channel with LoopMIDI. I called one PIONEER DDJ-SX2.

If you make a custom MIDI setting in Rekordbox for that controller channel, Rekordbox will create a MIDI settings file called PIONEER DDJ-SX2.midi.csv. This file is located in your folder  C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Pioneer\rekordbox

For the PIONEER DDJ-SX2, Rekordbox sends CC messages on CC# 2, MIDI channel 1 for deck A and MIDI channel 2 for deck B. This CC has a value from 0 to 127. In the PIONEER DDJ-SX2.midi.csv file, its listed as ChannelLevel,ChannelLevel,Indicator,,,,,,,B002,B102,B202,B302,RO;Min=0;Max=127;,CH Level Indicator

If that setting has the words "NoFunction," in front of it, you want to delete that part, as that nullifies whatever setting is written on that same line of code.

You can use a program like Bome's MIDI Translator to look for an input from LoopMIDI's PIONEER DDJ-SX2 channel, from CC B002 and B102. These signals needs to be redirected to your middleware MIDI controller. In Bome's MT, you need to make a new translator entry with an incoming MIDI message trigger type. b0 02 pp. The outgoing action type would also be a MIDI message going to your middleware controller (for example b7 02 pp for CC#2 on channel 8 with a CC data of the incoming variable pp, Or in the case of something like the Novation Twitch 97 5e pp for note A#5 on channel 8 with a velocity of the incoming variable pp.)

Cylume 0 votos

@Cylume Thanks so much for your detailed reply! I will try creating a virtual midi port with the name of "PIONEER DDJ-SX2" and listen for the values. I use a Mac so no LoopMIDI for me.. but I have some coding experience (and the Bome interface confuses the hell outta me) so I'll give it a go with easymidi (a node.js midi tool) and report back. 

Success – I was able get the VU meters to light up on my Akai AMX according to the deck/channel levels! 

As I'm using a Mac, I opened up Audio MIDI Setup and created a virtual midi port named "PIONEER DDJ-SX2" like so (Device name: PIONEER, Port: DDJ-SX2): screenshot

Then I modified the PIONEER DDJ-SX2.midi.csv file (located in "/Applications/rekordbox\ 5/rekordbox.app/Contents/Resources/PIONEER\ DDJ-SX2.midi.csv" on Mac) to send out ONLY the ChannelLevel indicator line. 

Last, I wrote this small bit of javascript code to translate the outgoing ChannelLevel indicator to the proper CC value the Akai AMX would understand to light the VU meters:

index.js (which you run in the background via `node index.js` from the command line)

```

var easymidi = require('easymidi'); // helpful package

var inputRDJ = new easymidi.Input('PIONEER DDJ-SX2');
var outputAMX = new easymidi.Output('AMX');

inputRDJ.on('cc', function (msg) {

// channel level 1
    if (msg.channel ==0) {
        if (msg.controller ==2) {
            outputAMX.send('cc', {
                controller: 64,
                value: msg.value,
                channel: 0
            });
        }
    }

// channel level 2
    if (msg.channel ==1) {
        if (msg.controller ==2) {
            outputAMX.send('cc', {
                controller: 65,
                value: msg.value,
                channel: 0
            });
        }
    }

});

process.on('exit', code => {
    console.log('closing process');
    inputRDJ.close();
    outputAMX.close();
});

process.on('SIGINT', function () {
    process.exit();
});

```

The only thing I have left to figure out is how to get the MasterLevel Left and Right indicator values out from Rekordbox as seperate midi cc values - does anyone know about this? 

---
Rekordbox 5.7.0
Mac OS 10.14.5

Congratulations!

I don't think there's an output for the Master VU meters. When I tried to make Master VU meters with Liine's Lemur app for iPad, I made the Master VU a percentage of the decks VU multiplied by the channels fader and crossfader positions. The tricky part was getting the crossfader signal just right. Anyways, I sort of faked the Master VU output but it worked the same I suppose.

Cylume 0 votos