Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publicación

6 seguidores Seguir

Rekordbox 6.6.6 does actually fix Ventura USB FAT32 issue?

Hello, I've seen a DJ on twitter say that the issue with USBs not being readable in Ventura is actually fixed in version 6.6.6 - that they tried it and confirmed it was readable in a CDJ3000. This is despite it not being in the release notes and there not being any official announcement about it.

Can anyone corroborate this or can Pioneer please comment? Thanks

Ian Buchan

Comentario oficial

Yes, 6.6.6 fixes the export issue, but it was not in the release notes as we didn't want users to believe this was a Ventura-compatible version -- it's not. We are aware of a couple of other issues that still exist and our team is working to provide a compatible version as soon as possible.

Thanks!

Pulse
Acciones de comentarios Permalink

Iniciar sesión para dejar un comentario.

14 comentarios

It still wont allow you to put the main database off on an external USB drive though :(

thebritnickd 0 votos

Hello Pioneer team,

Thanks for the reply. Some urgent follow up queries, would appreciate your response.

- are these 'other issues' ones which would prevent the playing of the USBs in a live scenario? Are they in other words, deal breakers?

- It has been established that the export issue only affected USBs formatted to USB. Do these 'other issues' affect HFS+ formatted drives too? That is, can you confirm that I am safe to perform with HFS+ drives? On the assumption that the 'other issues' are related to non-performance issues? eg. playcounts being synced or something?

Also FYI, Mac users are now being forced to upgrade upon restart so the advice of 'hold off' isn't going to be effective now, unless people simply put their laptop into sleep mode.

Ian Buchan 0 votos

Performing from a USB drive in a player is not dependent on rekordbox; once your data is exported to the drive, there is nothing from rekordbox that would affect the playback or performance (other than the usual monkey business of a failed export).

Mac users are not being force to upgrade... I'm a Mac user and I've un-checked the option:

Pulse 0 votos

Hello Pioneer Team,

I can see that 6.6.7 has been released but with little detail on what it fixes. I assume it's not properly Ventura-compatible yet but please do advise if there is anything we need to look out for.

Ian Buchan 0 votos

It's not the Ventura-compatible release; it fixes a bug that was causing rekordbox to crash on launch for some users.

Pulse 0 votos

Hi,
Is there at least a guiding estimate as to when we can expect Ventura compatibility? I need desperately (for other reasons) to do a machine upgrade. If I don't, I'm snookered, and if I do, I'm snookered 😬
Thanks,
Darren

Darren Neilan 0 votos

Sorry, no information at this time - watch the news page or our social channels for when it's announced.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Pulse 0 votos

Hi, I'm still having the same issue reading my external HDD to Rekordbox.

I'm on the latest Rekordbox update 6.6.8. and MacOS Ventura 13.0.1.

Your support on solving this issue.

Chrisbeat 0 votos

Yes; 6.6.8 is Ventura-compatible, but you may not have allowed rekordbox access to removable drives.

Open System Settings > Privacy & Security > Files & Folders > rekordbox > Removable Volumes (on).

Pulse 0 votos

Unfortunately, it still doesn't work for me... and yes... this is set to 'ON'

Open System Settings > Privacy & Security > Files & Folders > rekordbox > Removable Volumes (on).

Tried with a couple of USBs and it never shows up as an option in Rekordbox settings. The move database is always greyed out.

If you are interested to see for yourself:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f0hi7rph9kpxewc/IMG_2964.MOV?dl=0

thebritnickd 0 votos

Clicking the button when there is no other drive selected won't enable it to do anything... what is the format of the drive? Does it appear on your desktop?

Pulse 0 votos

Its unclear to me from your response where you mean "there is no other drive selected" - If you mean where it currently says 'Macintosh HD' in the video... well there are no other options there to select.

However, on the main screen the USB does show up (and has been done since at least 6.6.6) - I just can't do anything for database management.

Here is another video... (Frustratingly I tried to tell you this earlier but my post was shut down by the moderator because 'we don't support Ventura' yet)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/61r7q44jn2irsxo/IMG_2966.MOV?dl=0

File Format is FAT 32 as you can see here> https://www.dropbox.com/s/j3cqlt144o9u7ky/Drive%20Setting.png?dl=0

thebritnickd 0 votos

thebritnickd i have the exact same issue as you sice upgrading to Ventura this morning. I'm using RB 6.6.8.   My ext drive works well on my Windows machine. Did you find a fix?

Louis Garceau 0 votos