Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publicación

2 seguidores Seguir

The Warped Control Vinyl Issue

Just a heads up to anyone experiencing this issue. The current recommendation from Pioneer support is to order control vinyl direct from Pioneer. They are not covered under any type of warranty, so buyer beware of shop return policies before purchasing.

The warped vinyl will be bowl/cup shape warped which renders the control vinyl unusable for scratching. 

I have confirmed that amazon will refund warped records. The DJ Hookup will not. Currently in the process of possibly receiving a refund from Pitbull Audio.

Found the below posts as well about this same issue, so I'm assuming it was a bad press run (as some I've seen in other places and here are also included with mixers, not just purchased on their own).

https://forums.pioneerdj.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360014829386-Warped-Control-Vinyl?input_string=The%20Warped
https://forums.pioneerdj.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/10620344435865-Control-Vinyl-Packaged-w-DJM-S11-Warped-Cupped?input_string=The%20Warped

myalteredsoul Respondida

Comentario oficial

Unfortunately it was more likely a storage issue than a bad run; the first one was from 4 years ago, and a new generation of DVS has been released since then. The other post was from a DJM-S11 and it was the limited edition orange Serato timecode that was warped.

Pulse
Acciones de comentarios Permalink

Iniciar sesión para dejar un comentario.

4 comentarios

That makes sense. The short stint I did in Warehouse deals at amazon, we had a ton of control record returns come thru (Serato and Traktor mostly) just due to that warehouse being 90 degrees + in the summertime. 

myalteredsoul 0 votos

Very much so. Gonna be ordering some new sets from y'all on Monday. Excited to finally have some wroking rekordbox control vinyl. 

The serato vinyl drift just doesn't cut it. Pun intended. 

myalteredsoul 0 votos