Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publicación

3 seguidores Seguir

DJM# filter mixing question

allo...

i have a question for people that know more than i do. i dont mix on my old 300 anymore (i personally use a urei1601s), but i use an 800 at most gigs i play at. on that mixer, i leave the filter on for 2 channels, and use a combination of eq/filter all the time. at the last gig i was at 3 seperate djs that played on the system had led me to believe you shouldnt do that. i've used 800's loads of times, always this way, and i'm wondering if there is anything to what they are suggesting.

does having the filter on and knob at 12 o'clock color the audio in some way that i dont hear myself?

thanks for the brains.

donovan

donovan

Iniciar sesión para dejar un comentario.

4 comentarios

@donovan > With filter is engaged, there is a very minute coloration of the audio when the knob is at the 12 o'clock position, but the curving is so small that it is not noticed in any music by the majority of listeners.

Pulse 0 votos
Acciones de comentarios Permalink

As I said, it's so minor that most people would never notice it.  The coloring of the audio occurs because of the DSP, not by design.

Pulse 0 votos

Thanks a bunch for the info. At the last gig I was at 2 djs on 3 occasions walked over and shut off the filter while I was mid mix. They said "shouldn't do that". I've been mixing in clubs for a long time, and used pioneer filters since they came out. I always use the filter and eq to get more control and never heard too much coloring.

After last weekend I thought I might have gone a little deaf, ;)

Again, thank you.

donovan 0 votos