Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publicación

4 seguidores Seguir

Suggestion: Ability to drag and drop between external medias

Basically would I'd love to be able to do is have both my flash drives plugged in and drag and drop playlists between them.  My reason for this is they're not very quick, and preparing two of them for a weekend's worth of gigs takes hours.  If I could prepare one, and then drag and drop the 'Entire Collection' list from one onto the other (effectively creating a mirror image) and leave it to do it's thing, this would save me a couple of hours (since I wouldn't have to do everything twice).

Now before it gets suggested, I would just create a playlist and export to both devices, but then I wouldn't be able to use my other playlists (which is how I browse media in RekordBox), because only that single playlist would get exported.

AngusGibbins

Iniciar sesión para dejar un comentario.

9 comentarios

Or you could create the playlists within Rekordbox and export both of them?  :p 

Pulse 0 votos
Acciones de comentarios Permalink

Still a bit cumbersome

The only way that would work is if I created a Playlist folder (so I can export my playlists in a single export) and then duplicate each playlist that I want and nest it within that folder.  Once exported, within the device pane in RekordBox, I'd have to move all my existing playlists and folders so they were back at the root level, and then make sure they're sorted correctly (and I'd have to do that twice, once per USB device).

AngusGibbins 0 votos

Nice suggestion. It would be fantastic to create a mirror from one device to the other, rather than have to go to root playlist on main cpu.

lennonpearson 0 votos

Thanks!

What I've resorted to doing at the moment is sorting out one thumb drive, and then using the OS X disk utility to duplicate it to the other.  Unfortunately though being a bit level copy, it takes hours to complete.

AngusGibbins 0 votos

You should be creating and managing your playlists within Rekordbox, that way if your external device crashes or becomes corrupt you simply re-export; this would also allow for easier exporting to a secondary device (or you could always clone the drive).

Pulse 0 votos

I do create and manage my playlists in RekordBox, but I shuffle different playlists onto my secondary devices each week.

Having a 'Current' playlist that I export wouldn't work for me if that's what you're getting at.  I can explain my methodology/organisational method if need be.

AngusGibbins 0 votos

If i have a USB wite all my songs on, and my other MAC got stolen. 

Can i get them in to rekordbox from mu usb someway?

I still want to save all my playlists...

I know i can copy all of them to my harddrive now, but then all of my playlists are gone.. =(

Help me anyone.

/ Fred  

Fredrik Ferngren 0 votos

@Fredrik > Sorry, you would have to rebuild them manually based on the songs currently listed on the USB device.  We suggest backups either to secondary external drives or to cloud services like Backblaze to avoid data-loss in case of theft or damage.

Pulse 0 votos

What if two DJ's would like to exchange analyzed files? I can't export to USB and reimport into an existing collection? If not is there another way to accomplish this as I would love to share the workload of analyzing, settings cues, loops etc.

Michael Dawson 0 votos