What was the version of Rekordbox you updated FROM?
USB mp3 corrupted files after rb update
0) Have you read the "READ ME FIRST" thread in its entirety before posting: Yes, I swear it!
1) Operating System: Windows 7
2) OS Type: 32bit
3) Rekordbox version: 1.5.1
4) Using LINK: No
4a) LINK Connection method: -
4b) Using with CDJs: USB mode on CDJ-350's
5) Hard drive / Flash drive / SD card file system: FAT32 (both)
5a) Does the device have multiple partitions: No
5b) If it's a flash drive, is it a U3 device: No
5c) With what utility did you format the device: Windows on 1, but I got the problem on both usb devices!
6) Have you scanned your files for errors: No, but all tracks work in windows media player.
7) Have you scanned your drive for errors: No
8) Is Rekordbox crashing at all: No
8a) If crashing, is it resulting in: an error message OR a crash log OR both (DO NOT POST YOUR CRASH LOG UNLESS REQUESTED!). On CDJ's: E-8305
8b) If not crashing, are there any error messages: Yes, E8305
9) Are you able to repeat / reproduce the problem: No, happens at completely random tracks after synching from pc. When not synched (connected to pc, only usb-stick) the same tracks get E8305.
9a) If yes, can you do it consistently: -
10) Any other notes regarding your setup only: USB devices: 2x Kingston 8GB USB 2.0
Provide as much detail of the issue here:
When I'm mixing on my CDJ-350's, sometimes tracks get an error message, E8305 (but after reloading the track, the track plays again). I think this is caused by rekordbox, because in 1.5.0 everything was right, except some rekordbox crashes. Also, sometimes my CDJ just pauses a track, because it seemed to 'forgot' buffering?? (The USB light is lighted, and not blinking. after the cdj seems out of buffer memory or something, the usb light is blinking and starts reading from the mp3 file??).
ps. all tracks work in windows media player!
This really sucks at gigs!!!
Iniciar sesión para dejar un comentario.
I've updated from 1.5.0.
I know I had a corruption occur once after exporting tracks to a USB device before and after an update -- the database itself was the problem, formatting and re-exporting was the solution. Would it be a concern for you to format the USB device and re-export?
I was going to suggest a full re-format too - just because the files are read by WMP doesn't necessarily mean the files are trouble free.
Chances are it's not the files but the database which is corrupt.
You mean deleting all the files out of rekordbox, by cleaning the database. Or formatting the USB-device? What tool do you use for formatting, I'll try that one too!
Just the export device database, not Rekordbox. You can use a variety of tools for formatting, give this one a shot.
I reformatted both, still an error sometimes. Could also be the CDJ-350 that can't read from the usb fast enough..?
No, given that even a 24bit/96k WAV file is streaming at just over 560KB/s and the throughput of USB2.0 is 40MB/s, I'd say it's not the player but possibly the drive that is the issue. Just look at the variation of speeds in the chart linked here. Granted, that's for an 8GB file transfer, but the notion is the same; not all USB drives are created equal.
I tested the read speeds with a tool, and it was max of 16mb/s.. Then I tried a free advertisers non-branded stick, and it got 19mb/s!!
Conclusion: Kingston Datatravelers are shit. Thanks for the information, I'm going to buy new usb-sticks :)
Well this seems to be a CDJ-350 related problem, as I tried this while spinning 3 CDJ-2000's using 1 usb stick.. I think the cdj-350 doesn't get enough 'loading time' for the track (when holding search forward and spinning the jog wheel for fast-search) and then decides to pop the E8305 error.