Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publicación

4 seguidores Seguir

[SOLVED] possible to give one song 2 genres?

Hello,

I was wondering if it was possible to give one song 2 genres.

I know this is possible to tag , but my cdj wont display a song under the 2 genres.  I tried to tag with  \   between the genres

Example:  I have 3 Genres : A , B  And Genre C = A + B

Can some help me out?

Thanks in advance !!

TheOne

Iniciar sesión para dejar un comentario.

13 comentarios

@TheOne > No, sorry, but you can give them a genre and use the color field or label field to provide additional information.

Pulse 0 votos
Acciones de comentarios Permalink

Ok thanks for the reply , I will have a look at that..

TheOne 0 votos

Pulse , Is it possible to give multiple songs a color at the same time ? Or do you have to do this song by song ? 

Thanks

TheOne 0 votos

Found It !!

Select all the files

Go to Info Tab

Change the color :)

TheOne 0 votos

@TheOne

I got the same "problem" and used another field like e.g. "Label" (what I don´t use) for this function. So I got the general "genre" field additional the "Label" field and as third option the already color as graducation within that specific style...

deejay-d 0 votos

Stupid point perhaps (and won't help with storage), but what about uploading the same track twice to your collection and tagging each one with a different genre?!

shortSTACK 0 votos

@stupidStack:

I had thought about it also. I use this system for songs which doesn´t fit with two given "genres", e.g. songs which have the classification like "80s", "rock" and a third one like "Specials"...For all other cases I prefer to use a second field- it works perfectly (don´t forget you are able to search with a the field "year" filled out anyway to search for decades and specific years on the 2000), so with the two additional fields sorting works perfectly while searching...;-)

Best regards,

deejay-d

deejay-d 0 votos

@Pules (november 23rd, 2011).. will it ever happen? multiple genres that is.

Sander de Koning 0 votos

@Sander > Unlikely, no. There are other alternatives to categorise the tracks if you need to (such as using the colour field like Pulse suggested above).

Gavin 0 votos

A little off topic .. but is it possible to give a track two different artists? That if you were to search Artist: "Mr oizo" that "Mr Oizo - Flat Beat" .. and also  "Mr Oizo; Carmen Castro - Two Takes it" would show up? Is it really hard to be able to set up the device to distinguish two different genre's or artists bij a ";" sign? It is on the software side of things, so it may be possible in the future.

Sander de Koning 0 votos

@Sander > What do you mean "two different artists"? If its two different artists, its two different tracks so you'd have two files. I'm not sure I understand your explanation.

Gavin 0 votos

If a track has two different artists, e.g. "Axwell & Ingrosso". If I then browse in the artist section under Axwell, I won't find the song that Axwell & Ingrosso made together. Might it be possible to be able to split the artists Axwell & Ingrosso by using the " ; " sign. Might it be possible (in the future) for Rekordbox to be able to use the " ; " sign to devide an artist in to two artists.

Same could be applied to Genre's. e.g. "Hip hop"; "Soul". when browsing through your genre section (Tag: Hip Hop) you would be able to brose Hip Hop but also see Hip Hop; Soul and Hip Hop; Jazz.

I hope it's a little bit clearer now.

Sander de Koning 0 votos