Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publicación

2 seguidores Seguir

Rekordbox and traktor with same library?

Hi I could have missed it but I think I have going back a lot of months in the history here. Is there anybody who use both traktor and rekordbox? And how do you do if you want the same content in both of the programs?

/Chris

Christoffer Földes

Iniciar sesión para dejar un comentario.

8 comentarios

You can use iTunes as your master library. Both rekordbox and traktor can access the playlists but they can't share the beatgrids or cue points. You'll need to set them up separately in both programs

Phil 0 votos
Acciones de comentarios Permalink

Okay!

Thanks for the answer!

But none of the programs makes ediis on the files so I then have trouble reading it on the other?

Christoffer Földes 0 votos

I'm not 100% sure christoffer, I don't use iTunes myself. I have a folder structure on my mac that I use in both rekordbox and traktor though and haven't had any issues. Im pretty sure that both program's create their own databases of info anyway.

Phil 0 votos

Okay I dont use Itunes either. But traktor doesn´t write any own info in the id3 tags?

I will use traktor at home and rekordbox at my gig. I only use rekordbox with usb memorys.

@Christoffer > Yes, Traktor does write the data to the ID3 tags.

I go with the folder structure for organising all my music.

Gavin 0 votos

Thanks for the info Gavin!

What do you mean with folder structure?

Now i almost got Rekordbox working the way i want it to I really dont want traktor to modify my id3 tags!

What fields does traktor write to the mp3? The only one I've ever noticed is year - in rb it was 2011 but traktor automatically changed it to 1/1/2011. Can u write the ratings field to the mp3 and share in both?

cdjbasile 0 votos

@Christoffer > Folder structure i.e. using the folders and directories on your computer - not using any software for organisation.

@cdjbasile > I edited a few tags in Tag&Rename and then edited them in Traktor and it changed everything (album, artist, genre, track name etc.)

Gavin 0 votos