Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publicación

7 seguidores Seguir

Rekordbox makes me so MAD!

I wish there was some other, more functional software I could use to prepare music for my CDJ-900s.  This piece of software feels like a cheap flimsy paper cup filled with bugs and it makes me want to stop buying music.  Music database software should be elegant, simple and powerful - it should complement the DJ gear it supports not make the gear difficult to use.

1.  Rekordbox MUST be given sync capabilities or replaced with a superior product.  I should not have to manually update a playlist on my USB drive every time I add a track to a playlist in my collection.  

2.  Rekordbox MUST be given the ability to create playlists based on ID3 tags and update them as songs are added to the collection. I.e. 'smart crates' on Serato.

3.  Rekordbox MUST be given the ability to multi-task or replaced with a superior product.  When I start transfering songs from the collection to a USB drive, the software freezes and I am unable to scroll through my library, play a track or anything else!  How about not reinventing file transfer?  Windows can commit to multiple simultaneous tasks, windows software can too ;)

4.  How about an embedded player with the ability to vary the tempo of a track being played like you are going to do when you play it on your CDJ?  Maybe even a Master Tempo button?  Is that too much to ask???

5.  Rekordbox has so many bugs, I want to call an exterminator.  Why Pioneer? Why???

Please fix Rekordbox so I can stop calling it R3t@rdbox!

JGyver

Iniciar sesión para dejar un comentario.

13 comentarios

Couldn't have said it better.

New update must be due in another year or three . . .  

MUSICHAOS 0 votos
Acciones de comentarios Permalink

I totally agree, Rekordbox still feels like a beta version lacking a lot of vital functions and still have some serious stability issues. It's sad to have superior hardware depending on a piece of software that's not up to par.

The Henrik Maneuver 0 votos

Sync has been requested and we may see a change to that in a future update.

Smart playlists are also in the request pipeline.

I agree with you on the "one function" of Rekordbox, I'm still waiting for multi-processor support for quicker analysis!

The software isn't designed to be a player, if it had pitch control, it could take away the reason to have a CDJ as anyone could download the software for free and use that instead.

Bugs are being worked out as they are presented.  If you experience specific problems, start a thread outlining the issue and we'll be happy to try and squash it for you!  At present, there are only a couple of different bugs, the majority of the complaints stem from features or operation, not bugs.

Pulse 0 votos

Thank you for your timely response Pulse.  I am sure, however, the time for improvement is now.  The time is not 'maybe', or in 'a future update'.  It literally takes me two to four times longer to prepare my trax on rekordbox, than it should.  

I kind of wonder what's going on at Pioneer, you can't seriously think having pitch control on a software player would replace a CDJ - ??? What kind of nutjob would try to DJ without decks?  Maybe you're too worried about people abusing your software and not concerned enough about the paying customers (actual buyers of CDJs) who use your software?  

If there were another choice, I would drop Rekordbox like a bad habit.  Unfortunately, there is no other choice so I am left to Pioneer's ambivalence and disregard for software support of their otherwise awesome players.  Are there any plans to license a 3rd party to produce music management software to use with the CDJ-850, 900, 2000, etc?  Pulse said it best, "... the majority of the complaints stem from features or operation, not bugs."  When the software doesn't function, fix it or replace it, right?  The question is HOW long?  Lets stop the complaining and planning and DO something...

JGyver

JGyver 0 votos

@JGyver > I understand your frustration as I use the software as well myself.  There are many features which we are familiar with in other software (Eg. Smart Crates in Serato) that other popular software titles in the marketplace don't even share, so Pioneer's not the only one who doesn't have "every feature" that DJs desire, but the product developers do listen and make improvements as they can.  There are some great major and minor changes in the pipeline but we never know when they will be available as some take more time implementing and/or testing than others.  It's the little bugs that are the most important to remove!

You'd be surprised at the number of DJs who pirate software or simply mix without a hardware controller.

Pulse 0 votos

BTW - I was just checking out Mix Vibe's homepage, and saw that their other DJ software, CROSS already has one of the features RB desperately needs: "user definable smart lists with dynamic update whenever you add matching songs."  What would it take to add it to Rekordbox?  

I'll beg if I have to...

JGyver 0 votos

There are some great major and minor changes in the pipeline

i think i just wee'd a little bit with excitement!!

i wont vent my frustrations too much as it doesn't go very far but laggy unstable and pos come to mind*.*

Pulse i admire your loyalty and i understand your position however if you were to come and spend a day with me using Rekordbox you would understand why i would like to smash my computer up when i try and use it functionally.

i cant even boot it without having to fix it first and then again every time it crashes,

As i always said the concept is excellent but the programming is dogsh*te, of all the people you choose to have build the software you have picked from the bottom of the pile.

This is pioneer were talking about "The Industry Standard" ......... i could understand it if i were dealing with Mixvibes direct.

Nick Hilton 0 votos

I just don't understand why basic functionality and all general commands have been completely ignored. Tab through fields, command-I for "Info", command-N for "New", sync with device, etc. etc. etc. and where is "Undo"? I think that has been a standard in all applications since the mid 90'ies. Using Rekordbox with the hardware is like trying to fuel a Ferrari with bong water. I recommend the players wholeheartedly to everyone but always throw in a "but" for the software.

The Henrik Maneuver 0 votos

thew fact that CTRL+F still is not not in there for searching boggles my f'n mind

BriChi 0 votos

Pulse, I FEEL YOU BROTHER! 

I gotta say, I've had so much fun searching for answers on these forums!!!!  WOW we all have complicated relationships with this program. Some of you are asking all the wrong questions, some of you dont make any sense, and some of might not even know what you're looking for. However, Ive actually managed to piece together all the things I needed to know on these forums, and its all thanks to you special haters and complainers. So thanks :) 

But especially PULSE. Those tiny bits of facts, albeit ambiguous and vague facts, that you serve try their damnedest to answer all our misguided questions… without which, I would be lost.    Thank You 

soooo now its my turn to rant about Rekordbox haha! 

Picture your Rekordbox program is a snowflake, your Rekordbox program is one of a kind and therefore behaves uniquely when you use it on your computer, and in your mind, and on the CDJs. 

Better yet, Rekordbox is a high maintenance woman. It doesnt like too much work and it needs to be handled with the utmost care and attention or else it will diss you. When you're uploading you're stuff from Rekordbox into your USB, imagine you're taking the bitch out on a date…. You dont want a drink in your face by the end of the night so u better treat her right and you better be prepared!  

Let me elaborate on the Work thing… Rekordbox is not Ableton or Traktor- although if you manage to tame this beast it can provide the tools to do that….. but…. ON YOUR CDJS AND MIXER!!! Rekordbox is a plug in for your CDJ's… ALLL the important stuff happens on the decks. Staple this into your memory.

On that note guys,  When i got as close as possible to cracking the code I STILL had to call the hotline, they rushed me off the phone and complained about how it was the morning over there on the West coast and it was too early for me.  But at least i didnt sound like a dip shit and he assured me i was almost there and gave me a solution to my specific problems with Rekordbox. Seriously -- what i do to get my Rekordbox to work…. i cant really explain - but at least my USB is working every week i use it now. 

People-  However you get Rekordbox to function consistently on your cdjs, stick to it and stop complaining its gonna get better. I hope haha! 

Cheers from Detroit! :) 

BabyNisso 0 votos

OO! and @ JGyver,  i agree with suggestions 1-3 :) 

BabyNisso 0 votos