Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publicación

3 seguidores Seguir

Rekord Box and WAV's

After recording a vinyl record to .wav file with audacity I can't import into record box?

Why won't it import, am I being thick!!!!!!!

Sheppy

Iniciar sesión para dejar un comentario.

8 comentarios

@Sheppy > just to get things straight; you recorded a vinyl into Audacity. You then exported the recording as a .wav file to, say, your desktop from where you attempted to import to Rekordbox but it failed. What happened (software crashed / just failed to recognize file etc)?

Gavin 0 votos
Acciones de comentarios Permalink

Correct I exported as a .wav to desktop and when I tried to import it record box it failed to recognise it software didn't crash, same happened with mixed in key?

Sheppy 0 votos

@Sheppy:  ". . . .  when I tried to import it record box it failed to recognise it software didn't crash. . . ."

You need to edit the wav file and trim down its (file) size.  It is 'bloated' like 3x its original size. 

GlasEye2 0 votos

Did you actually export a WAV from Audacity?  Because it doesn't simply "save" a WAV file, it saves an Audacity project file.

Pulse 0 votos

@Sheppy:  "Ok how do I do that in audacity?"

You need another audio editor like 'GoldWave' which runs on Windows.  Older versions are freeware.  Search for a similar ones if you're using a Mac.

GlasEye2 0 votos

Audacity is just fine!  GoldWave is so 1990-something.  lol

Pulse 0 votos

I didn't "save" as your right it saves a .aup file, but I exported as .wav and mp3 320kb it's fine I'll go with mp3.

Sheppy 0 votos