Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publicación

4 seguidores Seguir

Feature Request: File date (not file added date)

I simply dont understand this. I dont want my file dates in rekordbox to be the date i added it to the collection. What about my 30 years of music collecting and ripped vinyl? This field is utterly useless.

Traktor does the same stupidness but at least I can modify the NML file which is native XML using an XSLT. Yeah its a workaround but I cant find anything to override my device library doing this method.

Paul 'Paz' Zwarts

Iniciar sesión para dejar un comentario.

5 comentarios

Ok, not entirely true. there is datafile.edb but its a binary file and not edittable. Any hackers out there figure if this can be plugged into mysql or access or something?

Paul 'Paz' Zwarts 0 votos
Acciones de comentarios Permalink

Why not add the YEAR field to your tracks so you can sort them by years? Or just arrange your tracks into different playlists. The "date added" is very useful as it lets you sort by the newest tracks.

kooba 0 votos

I do add the year. I also buy about 500 tracks a month in several genres. Use heavily use tagging and have 90 custom genres in my collection. However in terms of retrieval I know when I buy things and I play new music. So year is by far not adequate.

Paul 'Paz' Zwarts 0 votos

@Paul > rekordbox uses the TDRL ID3 field, which is the release time.  If you have that metadata stored, it should be read.  It's stored in YYYY-MM-DD format.

Pulse 0 votos

Hi,

I exactly have the same problem as Paul has. But I'm already one step further.

It's nearly impossible to categorize your music just by year or by file added date, so I found this thread and was searching for a solution to add the releasetime (TDRL) to my ID3 tags from the discogs database. And I finally came up with MP3Tag (help.mp3tag.de/main_tags.html) and mapped the given release date to TDRL (which is added as YYYY-MM-DD).

But when I tell rekordbox to reread the tags, it just comes up with the date added to the library. I deleted the whole tags again and again, removed the tracks from my library but still the same.

Is there anyone who can check that with their setup? Or has there been a workaround within the last months?

Any help appreciated. :)

Falk 0 votos