Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publicación

1 seguidor Seguir

copying playlists

Is it possible to copy a playlist? If I click right, the option seems not available.

I made a couple of playlists: each song of my collection is part of one playlist (mostly playlists are named as a combination of a genre and a rating (e.g. elektro +++).

Now I want to copy all these playlists to a new folder called "dj bag": the dj bag  will be the same structure as the collection but only with the songs that i will likely play, will be in it. Therefore I wanted to copy the playlists... but i don't know if this is possible?

Thanks!

s_decoster

Iniciar sesión para dejar un comentario.

11 comentarios

Not directly, but you can create a new playlist, open the existing playlist, select all tracks (CTRL+A or COMMAND+A on a Mac) then drag-n-drop them to the new playlist.

Pulse 0 votos
Acciones de comentarios Permalink

Hey,

Do you think it could be made possible to copy folders of playlists this in the future?? It is really annoying when you have a lot of playlists to copy them one by one... I think this would be very handy since also other dj's seem to work with 'mirror playlists' for the "collection" vs. "dj bag"

e.g. http://www.djsounds.com/05/22/chuckies-essential-rekordbox-tips-tricks

s_decoster 0 votos

@s-decoster > What way do you mean copy them? Create two similar playlists in rekordbox or have two similar playlists on two separate USB devices?

Gavin 0 votos

--> Create two similar playlists in rekordbox.

My rekordbox playlist structure is something like this:

• Folder "All Tracks" --> in this folder are +- 31 playlists e.g. house +++/ house ++/ house + / elektro / samples/ a capella's/ build-up/ top tunes...

I want to create a second Folder "DJ BAG" that also consists of these 31 playlists but with only the tracks that I would play that time (so I would select 20 elektro songs from the "elektro" playlist in the "all tracks" folder that contains 300 songs...

In sum, all my playlists in the "dj bag" folder would be subset of the playlists in the "all tracks" folder. ( But of course I don't want to copy 31 playlists one by one)

This is more or less the same thing chuckie does http://www.djsounds.com/05/22/chuckies-essential-rekordbox-tips-tricks

s_decoster 0 votos

@s_decoster > I believe Chuckie is using rekordbox's bridge function with iTunes to import all his large playlists.

And then creating smaller playlists within rekordbox. Do you use iTunes?

Gavin 0 votos

Hey Gavin,

I do not use itunes, and to be honest, I do not plan to do so. I like to do everything manually.

I guess it would not be too difficult to implement a "copy folder" function within rekordbox.

Also for dragging multiple playlists to the device, the possibility of selecting multiple playlists (as in windows, using ctrl+selecting the list with the mouse) and dragging them all together to the device would be nice. Now you have to do this one by one.

Cheers!

Stijn.

s_decoster 0 votos

No, I don't use iTunes either - I find it clunky and unnecessary.

We have asked for folder structure support (a la Traktor or Serato) in rekordbox so hopefully we will see this implemented soon.

Gavin 0 votos