Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publicación

2 seguidores Seguir

CDJ 2000 freezes whilst using RekordBox

Hi,

Been using RekordBox for a couple months now and I think its a great program however.......

Over the weekend I experienced a problem. My CDJ froze. I had a track loaded in from RekordBox using the LINK feature. No matter what button I would press, the CDJ 2000 was unresponsive. I tried re-loading the track from RekordBox to the CDJ but the program said 'CDJ in lock Mode'. Tried turning the UNLOCK/LOCK button on the CDJ ON/OFF but still no luck. Eventually I had to reboot the CD player as I was running out of time on my other song and I was at a GIG! All was fine after rebooting. Reloaded the exact same MP3 and no issues. I came across a similar fault the day before this gig, but that time an error code evntually came up. Forgot to jot this down as once again I was gigging. Had to reboot in order to get CDJ working again! Surely this should not be happening?

This is my setup: 2 x CDJ 2000'S linked Via 10/100mps Netgear Switch & MacBook Pro 2011. I sort all my collection through iTunes however I DO NOT use the bridge feature! I just copy my collection & playlists over to RekordBox....My CDJS have the latest firmware 4.11......All tracks have been analysed....

Any suggestions/feedback?

Resh

Resh Singh

Iniciar sesión para dejar un comentario.

6 comentarios

Hi was having the same issue for months and finally we found the problem after months of troubleshooting  (Myself + Pulse + Pioneer Engineers)  It is the track artwork loading onto the CDJ's that is causing this annoying problem! In order to fix this issue using Rekordbox we renamed the "Artwork" folder in the Pioneer folder to "Artwork-temp" and that has fixed the issue. Now the issue is I have no artwork but hopefully that will get resolved soon? 

dustin cook 0 votos
Acciones de comentarios Permalink

@Resh > Apologies for the delay in getting to you. Have you had this error since? Have you tried Dustin Cooks method as described above?

Gavin 0 votos

@Gavin > I havent had this error since, touch wood! I'am currently running the latest version of rekord box. I didnt try Dustin Cooks method as I assumed there would be a fix in the software soon.....this particular fault was not one which occured all the time...

Resh Singh 0 votos

Please keep an eye to see if this occurs again and make a note of what error code is displayed. This helps the engineers identify problems.

Gavin 0 votos

@gavin > yeah will keep on eye on this particular problem.

I do have a couple things which are concerning me whilst using RekordBox with my CDJ2000's.

1. Every time I open RekordBox I get prompted on my MacBook Pro 2011 for me to allow the network connections etc...I know I have to select allow to a few prompts in order to allow networking but surely I shouldn't have to do this every time I open the program? This wasn't the case in the previous release which I had on my Mac.

2. Everytime I close the RekordBox program i get an error message. RekordBox crashes and an error message appears...displays a message along the lines of: RekordBox closed unexpectedly....etc Do apologise, didn't jot the error message or code down but can do on my next performance.

Resh.

Resh Singh 0 votos