Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publicación

4 seguidores Seguir

Auto synchronizer

I have an idea for a new feature in the recordbox software.

It's an auto sync for USB drives where you choose what playlist / hotcue banks etc you want synchronized with a specific USB drive.

In that way i can just put new songs in playlists and then plug in your USB and watch it sync it automatic

Michael Kire Hansen

Iniciar sesión para dejar un comentario.

11 comentarios

why dont you just save your self the hassle and play an already mixed cd?   stand there, look cool........... -_-

aaron elliott 0 votos
Acciones de comentarios Permalink

aaron, if you read and unserstood what the OP was asking, it was for data syncing when he plugs in the usb so the tracks and cues from RB sync with the usb drive to match up, His post has nothing to do at all with standing there during a live gig and letting songs auto mix and sync

BriChi 0 votos

apologies!  my bad.......  :/   sorry, sorry sorry.......    i have issues with people who want the image of being a dj, but dont want to put in the hours,,,, has anyone seen paris hiltons latest  interest? 

aaron elliott 0 votos

I couldnt agree with you more about auto mix/sync, leave it off the pro gear,

BriChi 0 votos

Amen!  i read the initial post wrong, there was another guy asking for auto sync in another post, tbh its quite easy if you spend the time practicing, or ''the old fashioned way''

or maby im just old......... 

aaron elliott 0 votos

Exactly. Practice makes perfect. I'm old too though. Lol.

BriChi 0 votos

Aaron I hope you understand it now :) I'm just annoyed that I have to maintain 3 or 4 different "data places" if you can call it that. First I have iTunes where all my music is at. Then it could be nice to have a playlist or more there where I know its gonna be put on my usb. If I then could make recordbox auto analyze new tracks from that playlist and then sync it to my usb.. 

Now i have to import it to RB to analyze(where its possible to have one track multiple times if I don't remember which tracks I already have imported) and then the same thing on the usb where I also have to remember which tracks I already have copied over. 

Sometimes I even delete my whole library in RB because it ends up being a mess.  

Michael Kire Hansen 0 votos

@Aaron @BriChi , New generation also knows how to use CDJ's :).

Just saying and yeah leave the beat sync button off for gods sake , In my class we have a few other "DJ's" with their crappy controllers.

Sammy 0 votos

point accepted :)   i fully accept that the new gen is gonna whip our ass'es (like how you knew how to work the new ''dvd player'' before your dad)  (or blueray) lol,  but the main point here and off initial topic is dj's need to learn how to do it manually,  and not only learn how to beatmatch and sync bars/set/align cues and generally learn how to mix properly, there is no programme or algrothim in the world and never will be, that can do this............

aaron elliott 0 votos

@sammy, A lot of new guys i know and see have cdj's too, But then they stare at moving waves on serato to beatmix, id love to shut their screen light off and see how smooth they can mix by ear. Sammy, Not saying you are in that category, just saying what sickens me in this business, People not paying attention to the crowd and just staring at a computer to mix between songs. The fact that more and more dj's are just walking in with a drive and leaving the laptop at home is awesome, I have a lot more fun dj'ing without serato/traktor and feel like I am actually djing again

BriChi 0 votos

@BriChi > I think that has a lot to do with DJs who have started their career on controllers rather than CDJs - in my opinion, its a drawback to using controllers. Whenever I'm teaching a DJ class and if I have students who have only ever used controllers, I'll cover their screen.

Anyway, back on point - @Michael > Your idea has certainly been suggested already, thanks for the idea.

Gavin 0 votos