Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publicación

1 seguidor Seguir

Problem with Rekordbox library sync via Dropbox Mac OSX

Hi. 

I am pretty sure I completed all steps to setup my Dropbox sync exactly as Pulse instructed. I double and triple checked each step before proceeding and re-checked after executing. However, my slave computer is opening to a blank Rekordbox.

This was my process:

My music is on an external drive. I had that drive connected to my master Rekordbox computer (laptop). I opened and closed Rekordbox (as to maybe freshly update some library files with my latest edits). 

Rekordbox is now installed and closed on both computers. My slave computer (desktop) has a fresh install of Rekordbox (I had an old install of Rekordbox 1.xx, so I downloaded the newest release, installed, trashed old RB app in applications).

I opened terminal on the slave desktop computer and copy/pasted the text from the instructions, hit enter. Then I copy/pasted from instructions to terminal and hit enter  on the master laptop computer.

I was unclear what to do next exactly because instructions said "let dropbox do its thing" but I didnt know if I needed to now open rekordbox on the master computer or not. So I checked the Dropbox folder on the master computer and seen the Pioneer folder was there with a green check and every folder and file within it had a green check.

So, per the instructions, I decided my master computer seemed to be synced (all green checks) so I moved my external drive/music files to the slave desktop computer (without ever opening rekordbox on the master computer).

I opened rekordbox on the slave first and and noticed rekordbox is blank. I checked the dropbox folder on the slave and seen the pioneer folder with a green check mark, yet all folders and files within the Pioneer folder have no check mark. 

Rekordbox opens fine on my master laptop but is blank on my slave desktop. All Pioneer dropbox folders/files have a green check on the master. Only the root pioneer folder on the slave has a green check mark. I can't find a way to force a sync to try to get all files checked... All files exist, just not checked.

I tried to repeat the process exactly as stated above and got the same result.

Please help me out, did I miss something that was supposed to be obvious?

Thank you..

Matt Play

Iniciar sesión para dejar un comentario.

2 comentarios

Now Rekordbox wont even open on my master laptop. Please help me reverse this terminal action and get back to square one.

Matt Play 0 votos
Acciones de comentarios Permalink

Got my library loaded again.. Still curious why I couldn't get the dropbox sync to work tho

Matt Play 0 votos
Acciones de comentarios Permalink