Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publicación

2 seguidores Seguir

Transfering tracks on external hard drive

Hey everyone

I have moved folders full of music on an external hard drive. I have put all those files into RB for analysis and then exported everything again to the same hard drive.

Now the music that appears in RB on my laptop is assigned to the files from the folders I moved first but RB created a copy of every file in its content's folder.

My question is : if I plug my external hard drive on a CDJ, will it be able to play those files or do I have to reassign them all one by one to the ones RB created in the content folder ?

Hope I'm being clear.

Peace

Will Popineau

Iniciar sesión para dejar un comentario.

3 comentarios

@Will > if you have all your original music tracks on the external, then analyse and export those tracks back to the external you are creating two copies of your music - one which is in its raw, unanalysed structure and the second which is Rekordbox analysed.

Therefore, as long as the external is formatted to FAT, you should be able to connect to the CDJ without any problems.

Gavin 0 votos
Acciones de comentarios Permalink

hi guys,

one more question which is not completely covered by this thread. my setup:

• RB 2.0.7 on one laptop

• one external HDD with all tracks on it

• RB file analysis folder in the root of the extHDD

• 2CDJ 2000 and 1 djm 900 nxs

whenever I make changes to my collection (e.g. add new tracks to the extHDD, connected to laptop), import the files in RB, everything fine in RB --> do I need to export the new tracks to the extHDD separately so that I am able to browse through them in the CDJs (as RB analyzed tracks)? or is there a way to prevent these duplicates?

thanks a lot,

cris

Cris Mac 0 votos

edit: browse through the files as RB analyzed files while the extHDD is connected in USB mode?! I want the laptop only for preparation of files (at home), my desired gig setup is CDJs, mixer and extHDD only.

Cris Mac 0 votos