Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publicación

3 seguidores Seguir

Fichier CBR VBR where

what is the difference between CBR and VBR files,

I have in my Rekordbox VBR,

it is better to have CBR VBR files where?

michel franck

Iniciar sesión para dejar un comentario.

15 comentarios

CBR=constant bitrate

VBR= variable bitrat

CBR is easier on the decks being that the bitrate is not constantly changing, VBR was good years ago when storage was pricey and we were looking to save every MB

BriChi 0 votos
Acciones de comentarios Permalink

dont go re-compressing your vbr as cbr - just in case you was thinking of doing that... it will not help quality matters as the vbr has already stripped out detail that will never be put back in. and re-compressing a file using a lossy format will simply make your mp3s sound like they have been made in a washing machine lol

but in future try stick with 320k mp3 using cbr :) if you must use mp3!

Matt Jackson 0 votos

Of course, if you wish to use VBR files with the CDJs you may have no choice but to re-encode them. They won't sound good but you're more likely to avoid potential stoppages in playback.

Gavin 0 votos

if thats the case... download audacity (for free), then open the vbr file(s) with audacity... and export as wav files.

while this route will give you much bigger files (and all the other tag / artwork drawbacks), at least you wont compress or degrade the audio any further.

Matt Jackson 0 votos

Correct - this probably would be the better solution.

Gavin 0 votos

If I would choose any program to re-enconde music files, it would be platinum notes (not for free).

But very easy to make all your libary set to same volume output and you can also change bitrade easily between mp3 files or make them to waves.

Fredrik F 0 votos

If I would choose any program to re-encode music files, it would be platinum notes (not for free).

But very easy to make all your libary set to same volume output and you can also change bitrade easily between mp3 files or make them to waves.

Fredrik F 0 votos

pn is good but using it to go from vbr to its 320cbr is not a good move - you will loose quality... but may sound better due to its mastering ability - but its a faux way of doing it... vbr to wav using audacity is the way id go in this scenario!

Matt Jackson 0 votos

and convert files with itunes vbr (creates a version mp3 320 k) this will avoid the error codes and stop the player cdj 2000

michel franck 0 votos

@michel ya lost me on that one... yes itunes will convert files - but its not the best tool for the job.

again itunes can do cbr also, its in the 'custom' area - where you can select bit rate, mormat and cbr/vbr... but why would you want to go down the vbr route when we have discussed the drawbacks of vbr?

Matt Jackson 0 votos

I have not understood the problem and VBR files I want to convert the files to mp3 vbr for not having vbr file in my library

excuse to English translation google

michel franck 0 votos

I did a test with itunes, I converted a file vbr who was in rekordbox, after the convertion reinstall the file once in rekordbox vbr see more, but it show 320 k

michel franck 0 votos

@Michel > to break it down in its simplest form: VBR=bad, CBR=good. You should aim to convert your files from VBR to CBR. Unfortunately, I believe Rekordbox has trouble handling VBR files. Try a program like EZ CD-DA to convert files to CBR.

Gavin 0 votos

ok thank you, you have a link on the net has given me to download the software

michel franck 0 votos