Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publicación

1 seguidor Seguir

Slow USB external HDD Performance

Hi all,

I've got my rekordbox playlists exported to an external harddisk. When I plug this one in my CDJ's 2000, and select a track, it has to load for 20+ seconds..I've got about 15K songs on the drive, it is a 1TB device. How can this be so slow?When i plug in the drive to my mac, and connect it with a pro dj link to the CDJ's, i do not have any loading times or so. How can this be?

I tried it with 2 different external harddrives, a Western digital one, and a LaCie.

Thank you for your time,

Mike

Mike G

Iniciar sesión para dejar un comentario.

5 comentarios

@Mike > have you anything else on the hard drives or are they just for Rekordbox use only (i.e. have you multiple partitions / other non-audio files) etc on the drive? Does the drive require external power and, if so, do you have it connected?

Gavin 0 votos
Acciones de comentarios Permalink

Hi Gavin,

No, They do not have any other files or partitions on it. Only 1 FAT32 partition. Yes, the drives require an external power source and is connected with it.

I have also got a third drive, a 750GB samsung M2, usb powered, and this has the same issues.

I don't think it is a external HDD problem, because via the pro dj link it works great.. Sounds more like a CDJ processing power issue?

Normally, I always use my mac, but sometimes i don't have a place to use it at a gig..

Mike G 0 votos

@Gavin, do you have any solution for this problem yet? Thanks!

Mike G 0 votos

ive had this, its a very fragmented "Export" file causing this. If you show hidden files, copy the export file off the drive, delete it off the drive and copy it back on, the fragmentation is gone. It's caused however they do exports constantly writing to 1 file and fragmenting the crap out of it. I had made a video on it and like you, have not gotten any answers other then "thats how it is" 

video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpIky9g89Bo

BriChi 0 votos