Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publicación

3 seguidores Seguir

How do I get my Rekordbox cue points/and loops to work on the CDJ Nexus?

I have set my cue points on each track in Rekordbox, but can't seem to get them to appear when I put my flash drive in the CDJ. Is it something I need to prepare in Rekordbox to make this happen?

6Sixx

Iniciar sesión para dejar un comentario.

6 comentarios

If you talk about hot cue you have to recal them when yo load the track to the CDJ! Under the hot cue buttons you have a recal button you ned to hold down and hitt each hot cue button to load them up.
In Rekordbox you can go to preformenc and set (auto load hot cue) then the cdj auto load the hot cue's for you :-)

But if you are talking about cue points you set at the beginning of the track you have to press memmory button in rekordbox to save the cue point. You can save up to 10 cue points or loops per track. If you want to save a loop you just make a loop and press the memmory button. You can also do all this on the cdj, set cue points and hit memmory or take a loop and hit memmory and it shows up in rekordbox when you connect the flash drive to the computer!!

I suggest you read the manual to find all the good things you can do with rekordbox! :-) its all easy explaind.
Her is the link from pioneers own home side

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/StaticFiles/Manuals/Business/REKORDBOX_OperatingInstructions1111.pdf

I hope some of this is helpfull for you :-P

Stian Bjørn-Larsen 0 votos
Acciones de comentarios Permalink

Thanx for the response. I'll try what you say out later today. I'm excited to learn all the wonderful things I can do with rekorbox and my new CDJ!!! I'm a old-school player who turned in my turntables last year to compete with the lastest trend in DJ gear, and this technology stuff is wearing on the brain :-)

6Sixx 0 votos

Moving from vinyl to CDJ NEXUS must be a hudge step in technology :-D I hawe NEXUS setup my self and wold not chang it to anny other setup. I LOVE IT.

I went from allmost just beat matching tracks, to play with effects, loops and hot cue's! So mutch fun :-) im working on using hot cue from 3 difrent tracks on one CDJ! You can creat so mutch with just a push of a button.
Thats what i love with my new NEXUS. Just to push some buttons you can creat things live i had to use computer and studio programs befor!!
I recommend you to take a look at pioneer's tutorials videos on youtube! The can help you out to descover all the things you can do!
http://www.youtube.com/pioneerdjglobal

They have a series of tutorials on the NEXUS Player and rekordbox that are real helpfull!
I wish you luck with the NEXUS :-)
Let me know if things work out for you ;-)

Stian Bjørn-Larsen 0 votos

LOL, yes it is a HUGE step!!!! Some of the possibilities I see with the latest gear I would never want to try in a LIVE setting with turntables;-) I'm loving my CDJ even from a newbie standpoint, so I can't wait to learn all the possibilities from this unit, along with the rekordbox software! I will definitely study the tutorials you recommend. I've been djing since I was 17, and I am now almost 40, and have been re-energized to continue the art I have always loved, but with technology going forth. Thanx again, I'll let you know how things worked out with the cue points, and loops.

6Sixx 0 votos

Hi guys, Question: In rekordbox it's possible to set 10 cue point , but on the player there's only 3(a-b-c). Is there any way to recall the other 7 cue points? 

Thanks in advance for answers....

Grtz

Fai Oz 0 votos

there are 13 in total, different functions for each

3 hot starts, ABC, this allows you to get back to you hot start with no break in the song

10 memory points (right hand side of RB), this allows you to set 10 cue points so when you load a track you can jump to a memory point and have it cue there by hitting the left and right arrows under CUE/LOOP recall

BriChi 0 votos