Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publicación

3 seguidores Seguir

Rekordbox analysis disappearing when reopening, plus other weird stuff. PLEASE HELP!

Hi there,

Just started using Rekordbox and importing my tracks. Here's the thing, I keep loosing random BPM's and Key date from tracks that I have imported when I close it. I have to go through my lists and re-analyse. This was mentioned in this post here:

http://forums.pioneerdj.com/entries/22892677-rekordbox-analysis-disappearing-when-reopening-help

Seems others are having issues to. I found the (hidden) folder and made sure that the read only box was un-ticked, this seemed to work but it has started doing it again. I have my music on an external drive, but the default analysis folder is more or less the same as on the other post, albeit on my computer. I have tried to export the tracks back to my external drive by right clicking etc, still doesn't work.

I have attached a screen shot, what's going on? Any ideas please?

boofont

Iniciar sesión para dejar un comentario.

14 comentarios

OK, so I tried to something to fix this. I moved all my music to the hard drive on my computer. Placed them all the tunes in a folder and then deleted all the old music and imported again from the new folder via File> Import> Folder. Let Reckordbox do it's thing, while I went to bed. Hours later and everything was fine. Closed down Rekordbox, then re-opend to find that loads of BPM's and Keys had been lost again, and the it had duplicated loads of tracks. I wondered if it had duplicated them, but one of the tracks had the BPM and Key but the other didn't, but no, it's random as hell! Take a look at the screen dump, you'll see at the top for Example, Digitalism and also look down, Dirty South vs. Red Hot Chili Peppers.

Please help! I have saved up long and hard to buy CDJ-2000's and a DJM-2000, the first Pioneer DJ gear I have ever owned, and the first experience I'm having is a nightmare!

Mark.

boofont 0 votos
Acciones de comentarios Permalink

I'm far from an expert with the madness of Rekordbox but since you are at the begining of it all and you have not fine tuned everything on RB and have nothing to loose. Why don't you try uninstalling rekordbox. Then make sure no hidden files are on your computer by searhing for "Rekordbok"  under the seach box (program and files if using Windows). delete them, empty trash can. Restart computer. Make sure all your music files are in a folder you want to use and named correctly. Once named, that folder must keep the same name.

Install RB again. Then import your music folder.

Justin time for some Hardstyle! 0 votos

That's the next option Justin, thanks. Was going to do that and also run CCleaner. Thanks for replying, pulling my hair out here!

boofont 0 votos

No problem. I know how it is...! Best of luck.

BTW, I did notice just now that you don't have a song selected. Try seecting a song and see if i works... Should of caught this earlier. Hope its not to late

Justin, I'm not sure what you mean? Just to explain what's happening. All the songs were analysed and BPM's and Keys allocated. Then closing Rekordbox and re-opening, lots of BPM's and Keys were gone, and lots of duplication. Not sure how selecting a track would help?

boofont 0 votos

when i opened Rb today all that stuff was missing. once i select a song to play it the info shows up. my songs and all are listed but untill i select a song all info doesnt show up. it was just a thought... trying to help. your issue may be something else.... 

Ah, OK, with you now. Maybe, I've tried a re-install so I'll see what happens.

boofont 0 votos

OK, so re-install done, even re-downloaded rekordbox. I went to all the hidden folders mentioned in the other post and make sure (on everyone) the th "read only" box was un-ticked (i.e. removed the green box filler). Imported five folders, all was good. Closed it down and re-opened, same shit! I have selected the track as suggested by Justin, still nothing! Talk about frustrating!

Any one offer any help please?

boofont 0 votos

just a question but these song files are not a short cut to the original file are they? are they copies of an orginal? 

Yeah, proper .mp3 files. There's several folders all assigned dates when I made them, about 10 to 15 tracks in each, they're mp3 files but they have been burnt on to CD's as .wav files, and I name the cd's with the dates they were burned. Anyway, all these folders are in one master folder, about 9GB in total.

It's totally random at the moment as to what's going on. I noticed that all the missing BPM's and keys were from the same folder, so I deleted all the tracks and imported just the folder with the tracks that had been corrupted. Closed RB and re-opened, everything fine! I'm just importing the other folders I had to see what happens.

Not happy.

boofont 0 votos

OK, so slowly been adding folders, closing RB and the opening again. All going well, got 8 folders imported, 71 tracks then BOOM! done it again! Here's a screen shot of before I closed RB down, that's file RB dump 3.jpg.

The one after I re-opened, that's RB dump 4.jpg. Note that three tracks have lost their BPM's and key's. All these three tracks are in the same folder, but there's five other tracks in the folder that are not affected, see RB dump5.jpg.

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE!

boofont 0 votos

I was having the same problem. Uninstalled the app and then went and deleted the C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Pioneer. Reinstalled version 2.03 and so far so good. Been slowly re-adding folders and restarting Rekordbox. Will see what happens

Alexander Rusinov 0 votos

I've been doing one folder at a time all night (been at work on nights), got to 308 tracks. Had to right click and reanalyse a few times. All I can glean is that when it does it, it's tracks from the last "batch" that was imported. Come on Pioneer, what's going on here! 

boofont 0 votos