Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publicación

2 seguidores Seguir

Rekordbox feature request

I'm using my both CDJ-900 decks exclusively with Rekordbox during performance (using Pro DJ Link), I found this setup very powerful. I use the configurable keyboard shortcuts to load the collection's currently selected track into the decks (easier than a drag and drop when in a rush). This is perfect, but dangerous because you can very quickly interrupt the on-air playback if you hit the wrong deck's key!

As the current play/pause status of each CDJ is reflected into Rekordbox through Pro DJ Link in real time, I wonder if it would be possible to have an option added that allows the user to choose Rekordbox not to accept to load the track into the CDJ if the target deck is not in pause state. This would definitely help to make this kind of keyboard shortcuts safer.

Another request: I sometime use the Rekordbox's software deck during performance, for instance when I just want to play a single track, quickly headphone cue it, or to play a playlist without actually mixing on the CDJs (of course my soundcard output is connected to a dedicated input of my mixer). But here, I miss a keyboard shortcut to easily load the track into the player. It would be great just to have to hit a key to load the track into the player exactly as can be done with the CDJs (furthermore, the software player could also be served by the option mentioned above, meaning that it could refuse to load the track if not paused).

What do you think?

Flyguy

Iniciar sesión para dejar un comentario.

7 comentarios

A request from me is that is works as intended

PaulM72 0 votos
Acciones de comentarios Permalink

@Paulm72: what do you mean exactly by "as intended"? I didn't notice major issues with Rekordbox on my setup.

Flyguy 0 votos

Mate consider yourself very lucky. I've just noted you have 900's, it's the 2000NXS where the fun begins. The software is just not unto what the decks promise to offer. I didn't have any issues myself with my original 2000's. 

PaulM72 0 votos

Ok I understand. So I suppose the 2000 nexus' firmware is probably in cause (it will probably be fixed by Pioneer soon). Is it with advanced feature of the nexus that you have problems or with basic features common with 2000 and 900? And what about your experience of Rekordbox itself?

Flyguy 0 votos

No advice from any Pioneer corporate? These little enhancements should not be difficult to implement, aren't they?

Flyguy 0 votos