Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publicación

2 seguidores Seguir

Mac?

Is Mac easier to use with Rekordbox and Pioneer DJ equipment?

Justin time for some Hardstyle!

Iniciar sesión para dejar un comentario.

3 comentarios

I don't think it's easier to use rekordbox with a Mac... a well configured PC should work just fine with rekordbox.

I've been using PC's almost my entire life, but I switched to Mac 4 years ago and I don't regret that decision. Today I'm using two MBP's and one iMac.

The advantage with Apple products like Mac's and iOS devices is that there's only one manufacturer. In the PC and Android world it's several manufacturers that uses different HW.

If you're looking for a laptop for DJ'ing and gigs, then I would recommend a MacBook Pro! It's rock solid!

oakstream 0 votos
Acciones de comentarios Permalink

RB is the same on both platforms. Many DJs like Macs, but it really doesn't matter, everything is made in China anyway, and I've seen both macs and PCs crash and act up. What is important is how you set up an how you use your computer. If reliability is a priority (as it should be if you use it professionally), I'd suggest a dedicated machine with SSD. Never connecting it to the internet helps a lot as well.

kooba 0 votos

So Itunes is out?

I'll think about that

My other question. Now that I am working my Itunes collection, does putting a bunch of songs by the same artist into one album make sence just for RB?

I've been putting the name of the song as the album as well just so I can see it on Itunes and I also don't care about the album title. When I open Itunes I like seeing the art and song...

Just curious, besides having the album listed in RB (I don't use that option) is there any point really? Am I over looking a something RB or the DJM/CDJ 2000 Nexus can do easier if I group songs together in one album name? For example, Putting all Duran Duran songs in one album?

I can see some advantages as in clicking on one picture and getting a list of the songs and or it is less room and scrolling in Itunes but what about RB or DJM/CDJ nexus? Work the same way? Or pointless?

Justin time for some Hardstyle! 0 votos