Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publicación

6 seguidores Seguir

Why do we need to...

UPDATED: Question is why must we line up the beats in RB if programs like Virtual DJ can figure it out 

(Original topic was analyzing, I didn't mean analyzing)

Justin time for some Hardstyle!

Iniciar sesión para dejar un comentario.

13 comentarios

I'm really curious as I poked around more. Is it that Virtual DJ has software CDJ's and Pioneer has Hardware CDJ's and RB can't figure it out? I understand not every player is a NEXUS but for those who have Nexus, why not select an option in settings that state, "I'm using a NEXUS" meaning Analyzing is not needed.

I know it sounds simple enough but honestly I don't know why my $6000. to $8000.00 Pioneer setup can't do what a $100.00 software DJ program can do? I really want to understand. Is there really a good reason?

Justin time for some Hardstyle! 0 votos
Acciones de comentarios Permalink

Justin, I am a little confused on what you are trying to avoid. The tracks have to be analyzed so the moving, zoomable wave appears and beatgrid info is accurate. I quickly downloaded VDJ and loaded a track and it does analyzing too when the track is loaded, It is at a much faster rate being that you have the horsepower behind the computer vs the nexus trying to do it on the fly with less power. And you don't necessarily HAVE to analyze the track to play it on the nexus, you will just be missing the wave for the track the first time you play it and the bpm will come up a little slower

I don't know why my $6000. to $8000.00 Pioneer setup can't do what a $100.00 software DJ program can do? I really want to understand. Is there really a good reason?

because the $100 software is relying on your computer and it's OS to do the work and have the power it needs, There's only so much I guess they can install in a CDJ, The cdj does not run on windows or OSX to help it work like VDJ does

also, pretty much all major programs do this, in Serato you have to analyze, Traktor and Mixvives also so again, I may be misunderstanding what you are trying to accomplish

BriChi 0 votos

Ok, I see where I messed up in my comments. What I mean is adjusting the beat grid. My bad for not explaining it correctly. 

My complaint is Beat matching. Going through RB and lining up each down beat, adjusting the beats after a tempo speeds up and throws the beat grid off etc...

In Virtual DJ one does not have to adjust a beat grid, Virtual DJ and figure it out with it's master/sync options. SO I am wondering why one must do this with RB? I understand it needs to be done but why? Why can't RB and Nexus figure it out like Virtual DJ?

ahhhhhhh, that makes much more sense, yes I agree, I adjust the beatgrids a lot on the nexus via my cue point i set

BriChi 0 votos

I hope Pioneer will chime in here. At least tell me the madness of manually beat matching will be over soon for Nexus users! It's not like RB can correctly do it all the time as it is. Even when analyzing in Dynamic, it's bad how inaccurate RB is at beat matching. 

I don't want to have to fine tune. If other software programs can do it I don't think I am asking to much then. Nexus users should start a track, hit master sync or whatever and not worry about spending hours lining up every song. I understand it's the way it is with Pioneer but why, why when Virtual DJ doesn't demand I do it to all my tracks? 

Please Pioneer, please tell me why. AM I over looking something to why this can't be done? This would make the Nexus so much better! Load your tracks, set cues and loop and go! No more manually beat matching the grid! 

Manually adjusting beat grids is nothing new to DJ software.  Ableton Live requires manual adjustment for warp markers.  Traktor has always had manual adjustments to the grid.  Rekordbox is no different.

There is no such thing as a software program that can perfectly detect and align beat grids and/or warp markers automatically.  If you think there is, then you aren't using the program correctly.   LOL

I've been using Ableton Live for many, many years....  and it has one of the best warping engines available on any software, and I must manually adjust every single beat grid on every single track I load into it.  The same is true with Rekordbox.  I've been using it since the beginning before there was a beat grid.  Ever since the addition of the grid, there must be manual adjustments made if you want perfect grid alignment.  That's just the nature of beat detection software in general.  They can NEVER replace the human element.

Fuse Promote 0 votos

Fuse is completely right, I also use Ableton Live 8, Traktor 2.6 and RB, no software is even close do to a perfect job when talking about beat grids. 

People are tending to rely too much on softwares, having the wrong thought that they will never crash, never bug, never mess it up. A software, no matter how expensive and famous it is, will never be enough to do any kind of job with perfection, just by it self. I'm also a civil engineer and I know how to work with very complex engineering softwares, to calculate huge structures, and the first thing you learn at the first class is: NEVER TRUST THE SOFTWARE.

If you think, by using a dj software, you need to know less about DJing than someone that does it the classic way, you are completely wrong. You gotta know more. Do some searching, read some manuals, watch some tutorials, and if possible, take some classes about DJing before thinking about using softwares live, or you will be taking the risk of doing mess in front of hundreds of people.

Sorry for english mistakes, i'm from brazil. 

Daniel Gomes de Oliveira 0 votos

Ok. I just want a perfect world lol! 

I just finished adjusting all my tracks over 3 days... Of course I took breaks!

Thanks for the replies guys.

now watch 2.0.4 will have a new algorithm and you have to re-analyze your tracks, LOL

BriChi 0 votos

To set the record straight, Virtual DOES analyze the tracks on load.  Just watch as it builds the waveform.

Pulse 0 votos

yes pulse but do you have to spend time changing the beat grid? or in wav form spend time seperating the titleand artist to correct areas as you do with RB? Im not sure about wav but pretty sure you dont have to spend hours getting the down beat and all just right.