Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publicación

2 seguidores Seguir

Rekordbox says ex. HDD is corrupted

So I deleted the entire map from my HDD as it still wouldn't open my external HDD after plugging it in a couple of times. And even renaming the back-up as a desperation move didn't help.

I have a WD 2TB external HDD with about 500GB filled with back-up stuff, the rest is available for Rekordbox. Formatting it is not an option for me, and it shouldn't be because I can still open it normally. But how can I get it to work with Rekordbox again?

I've searched both here; http://rekordbox.com/support/faq.php?lang=nl&c=172

And here; http://forums.pioneerdj.com/entries/20118251-Read-this-thread-before-posting-for-help-with-Rekordbox-

But can't seem to find the answer to help me out..

Stef

Iniciar sesión para dejar un comentario.

5 comentarios

Oh, I'm running RB 2.0.3. and the drive has 2 formats, but 1,45TB is in FAT32 if I'm correct.

Stef 0 votos
Acciones de comentarios Permalink

I've seen this happen when the HDD is docked to a CDJ and power is lost before the drive is undocked.  You should be able to run chkdsk /R to fix the partition, but expect to see some analysis and playlist data go away in the database, if not the entire database as the decks are rather 'chatty' from a database perspective and there is a high likelihood of corruption.  Not the end of the world, but terribly annoying.

...this is exactly why I carry duplicate thumb drives to festivals, power is spotty.

Note to Pioneer engineering:  If there is a way y'all can make the system impervious to such data corruption, please do it.  This is 2013, we should not even need a 'Stop' button.

pope 0 votos

i've asked the same, the database becomes corrupt way to easy and it cannot be recovered, you have to format and re-export everything. I spent 3 hours exporting to an SSD drive, accidentally unplugged it without ejecting and it was then corrupt, had to do another 3 hours of exporting. 

BriChi 0 votos

Thanks for the info guys. Just purchased a couple of 8GB flashdrives because the external HDD is to much of a hassle to bring around everywhere anyways. If I remember correctly I powered off the CDJ2000 before I plugged out the cord. 

The chkdsk /R is for Windows I presume? I'm running OSX 10.6.8 so that won't work for me.

Stef 0 votos

the problem with running chkdsk is that checks the drive, where the corruption is is in the actual export file so chkdsk won't fix that, at least in my case it was all in the export file

BriChi 0 votos