Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publicación

4 seguidores Seguir

[SOLVED] How to adjust the beat grid on rekordbox 2.0.3?

I have read the user's manual and when i right click on the wave form, the Adjust Beat Grid option is not there.  Any suggestions?  This is what is on the user's manual.  Step 3 is the one I cannot complete

Adjusting the beat grid

The enlarged waveform display shows the beat grid in white vertical dashes. The beat grid can be adjusted by the following procedure.

1 Click [f] during playback. Playback is paused.

2 Drag the enlarged waveform display to the left or to the right.

Adjust the beat grid such that the desired position fits into the white line in the middle of the enlarged waveform display.

3 Right-click the enlarged waveform display and select [Adjust Beat Grid].

The paused position is set as the foundation point for the beat grid, and the white beat marks appearing before and after are adjusted accordingly.

Eduardo Serrano Suzan

La publicación no admite más comentarios.

11 comentarios

You are awesome.  Yes, they need to update the manual.  I've got it now and I just foxed one song.  thanks again

Eduardo Serrano Suzan 0 votos
Acciones de comentarios Permalink

copy and pasted from a different thread on the same topic, props to fuse productions for this advice

What is the best solution for getting a perfect grid?    To answer this I will give you my grid procedure which I perform on every new track I buy:

New Track Grid Process

1.  Load new track into Rekordbox collection.  Zoom into waveform, and press the beat grid adjustment window button.

2.  Locate the first down-beat.  Visually check for alignment of grid marker to first beat.  Grid marker should also be red if this is the first beat.  If not, you can use the Set First Beat button to change the color of that grid marker to red.

3.  Perform an audible check of the first few beats by using the metronome.  Play the track and listen for the metronome clicks against the few few beats.  If the metronome sounds slightly off, then use the arrow buttons to move ALL of the beat grid markers together.  Don't use Shrink/Expand grid buttons yet.

4.  When you are satisfied that the first beat is lined up correctly, then go to the first beat marker and set a Cue point there, and then press the Make Adjustment From Current Position button.  This will lock down the first grid marker so it can't move when you adjust others.

5.  Skip ahead to a point near the end of the track and check the beat grid markers there.  Visually inspect to see if the are lined up to the grid.  If not, then use the Shrink/Expand buttons to move the beat grids and align them.  Once you have them visually aligned, audio test against the metronome.

6.  At this point, I like to do a quick spot-check of the grids against the metronome by playing the track and then randomly clicking the top waveform to see if the grids stay aligned everywhere.  Usually 3-4 random clicks is enough to confirm.

For most tracks, they will be aligned correctly by this point and you should be done with grid adjustments.  I can normally perform the above steps in a matter of seconds.

Sometimes there may be some tracks which don't have a perfectly stable tempo.  These tracks may have parts of the beat grid which is off after you perform the above steps.  To correct these tracks continue with the following steps:

7.  Go back to the beginning of the track and play against the metronome.  Listen for the metronome clicks drifting out of sync with the beats.  When you begin to hear some drift, stop the track and rewind to a point where you know the beats are still aligned properly.

8.  Get your cursor lined up to a good beat grid marker, and click the Adjust Grid From Current Position button.  This locks down the grid points to the left of the cursor.

9.  Skip ahead a few bars until you see the grid points off-beat, then use the Shrink or Expand buttons to line up the grid again.  Check your work against the metronome.  When you are happy with your next section of grid marks, lock it down again using the Adjust Grid from Current Position button.

10.  Repeat step 9 until you have aligned the full track and are happy with it.

It's not a difficult process, and it does not take a lot of time per track.  The best advice is to do the work right-away when you buy new music, rather than trying to do all of your tracks in one sitting.

fahlawfulls 0 votos

Thank you very much. Before adjusting beat grid would you recommend constant o dynamic analysis of the tracks?

Nicolas Schmitz 0 votos

always analyis in normal mode first. In the dynamic mode bpm jumps up & down making any beat griding & adjusting even more a nightmare.

T K P 0 votos

Dynamic is for beat gridding bands. humans are prone to tempo flucuations... ;)

fahlawfulls 0 votos

if beat gridding Electronicly created music use normal mode in analyzation

if the music was a live recording or a live band use dynamic as humans are prone to tempo fluctuations....

fahlawfulls 0 votos

This is great information.  Moderators, you can set this to SOLVED

Eduardo Serrano Suzan 0 votos