Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publicación

18 seguidores Seguir

rekordbox 2.0.7 available now!

rekordbox(Mac/Windows)

Ver.2.0.7 (2013.06.04)
  • XDJ-R1 compatible.
  • Increased speed when searching / sorting songs.
  • Accent-insensitive sort for Latin characters.
  • Fixed issues concerning ‘rekordbox XML’.
  • Fixed XDJ-AERO loading issues when using ‘LINK’ on computers with Microsoft Office ‘Click-to-Run’ installed.

To download, please visit: http://rekordbox.com/download/download.php?lang=en

Gavin

La publicación no admite más comentarios.

86 comentarios

You have to use MIK to analyse Camelot notation because MIK own the copyright to it so this is why pioneer, traktor etc cannot use it.
As I said, my nexus display Camelot notation on the display just like you are asking for and just like that video. It is perfectly possible for you to achieve it without any workaround. I'm not sure what you're doing wrong... Maybe start a new thread and I'll try and help you resolve it.

Also, you do realise that your 'drifting' loop issue is 100% down to you not fixing your beat grids? A wrongly set grid throws the quantising off.

Phil 0 votos
Acciones de comentarios Permalink

@Martin Pod, If you are talking about setting a marker so the CDJ loads a track to that marker, then yes, you have to actually save it as a memory point in RB, set it as you normally would then all the way to the right you have a spot to save 10 cues, save the new one you made there as the first memory point and the CDJ (if set to) will load a track and jump to that first point.

BriChi 0 votos

Thanks Bri.

SO is the 'first beat' function purely for the purposes of lining up the beat grid then? If you set the first beat as a memory point you still have to 'call' it when loading up a track. I thought the 'first beat' function was to eliminate this - so that your track is ready to start the moment its selected. 

Martin Pod 0 votos

what player do you have?

on the players you can set the auto cue point to jump to "first memory point" that you set

the setting is in RB also, but again, only works on some players, not sure which ones other then mine (cdj2000Nexus), I attached a pic of the setting so you can see

BriChi 0 votos

Bri youre a star! Thanks. Im using CDJ2000s - ill check if it works now.

Martin Pod 0 votos

Bollox. Ive tried 'import settings' twice with no success. Maybe thats a Nexus feature.

If anyone knows any different let me know. Although i guess Im drifting off topic with this now...

Martin Pod 0 votos

Hey guys - Pioneer isn't the one developing rekordbox, it's a company called MixVibes (see the logo in the center of rekordbox?). Their support team is actually incredibly kind and helpful and helped me with the xml problems I was having before this update. If you want to see specific changes, I'd recommend going to their forums (forum[dot]mixvibes[dot]com) and leaving your suggestions.

David Chetrit 0 votos

my nexus does show the key on the display Phil... But it don't show it in the "KEY" column... That is what I would like it to do... I dont want to have to make playlist for each key. I want to select Key on my cdj and see the camalot keys.

DJ Pete 0 votos

Gotcha Pete, will see how it works on mine when I get a chance.

Phil 0 votos

@Davide Do you need to talk to me or the other Justin :-)  If it's me you're after, you can reach me at justin dot juneau at gmail dot com

Justin 0 votos

since I've updated recordbox to 2.0.7 I'm no longer able to play with my Xdj Aero, can't scroll through library and if (sometimes) it seems back to life it stop work after I play 2 song... could u post a link to the 2.0.3 version so i can downgrade? pls and tnx in advice

Diego Martinelli 0 votos

David thanks for the heads up and link... We all know who created the RB s/w... But I think it's safe to say that Pioneer and MixVibes are working hand and hand on RB when it comes to updates and fixes.

DJ Pete 0 votos

@David Chetrit - Thank you for sharing your finding. I never paid much attention to the splash screen. But... I have since opened a ticket with them and will see how this community can get the features we need from Rekordbox.  Meanwhile, "Project X" is still in the works and I will continue to make progress on that until something happens drastically with Rekordbox.  It's obvious there is a huge disconnect between Pioneer, this community and the makers of Rekordbox. I hope to bridge the gap.

Justin 0 votos

Given your track record with the nexus firmware I blocked immediately the automatic installation of 2.0.7 and looked for a download of 2.0.3 in order to revert back if needed (I learnt my lesson with the CDJ). Obviously removed...thank you pioneer on behalf of those like Diego who now have a problem and cannot roll back. For the millionth time: let us downgrade!

@Justin: about that "unspeakable" project, I want to give you a hint. Probably you know it already but there's an amazing open source DJing software called mixxx. There you'll find the code for beat detection and gridding and probably also a lot of audio DSP code, FFT and so on. Mixxx even supports timecode so, it's definitely worth to have a look.

Julia O 0 votos

guys i have added a feature request for more colours in rb, has anyone asked for this b4? jump on it and plus one it sil vous plais :)

Zeus Tunage 0 votos

2 lessons I have learned years and years ago.

1. Never delete the install DMG or EXE file after an install, leave them all in a folder when you are done so you can go back if you need.

2. When RB prompts you after the install to uninstall the previous version, uncheck it so both stay on

BriChi 0 votos

Phil I know you disagree with me on this one but I haven't found that fine-tuning beatgrids solves the drifting loops issue.  My issue in particular (which others on the forums have validated) is with active loops.  There's a simple way to demonstrate this - if I take a 4-beat loop live with the in/out triggers, my loop stays perfectly in sync with the other track.  If I go into RB and take that_ same exact_ 4-beat loop, create an active loop and run it again, the loop starts drifting after a handful of turns.  To me that rules out improper beatgridding as a cause.  This may not be a big deal for some but active loops are a big part of why I upgraded to the Nexus - useless feature if I can't rely on it.  

Fox 0 votos

@Julia thank you for the information. I'm going to check it out tonight. I think you may have saved me several days of work :-)

Justin 0 votos

This is great but so sad people have to make or rely on programs created by others instead of a company doing what its fans/customers want. I really hope this is the slap in the face Pioneer needed!

ANd about so and so company that makes Rekordbox, ultimately Pioneer has they say so when it comes to what they want Rekordbox to do or not do. 100% of this is on Pioneer IMO.

Justin time for some Hardstyle! 0 votos

Pioneer has the say so when it comes to what they want Rekordbox to do or not do. 100% of this is on Pioneer IMO.

I believe this also comes down to the knowledge of the engineers, if they say "oh that can't be done" it's probably because they don't know how to do it or not getting paid enough to go the extra mile IMO. I am sure they are very smart guys, but every engineer/programmer has their limits

BriChi 0 votos

SO instead of MIT grads Pioneer might have hired someone who got a degree online in 30 days? ;-)

I think this would be a good time for Pioneer to release a statement that they hear us or have heard us and are working on it. 

Cricket Cricket      Cricket