Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publicación

3 seguidores Seguir

Rekordbox Beat grid problem...No one has mentioned it

Hello,

Just wondering if Im the only one who gets a lot of songs coming up with the first three beats relatively fine... then sometimes the 4th beat has a glitch (small stutter) and the 5 is almost always off by a bit (normally before the beat)

Weird?

Luke Electrik

La publicación no admite más comentarios.

5 comentarios

What type of audio files are you using?  WAV, AIFF, Mp3?

Where is your source?  Beatport, Pirate Download sites, etc...?

All of my music comes from Beatport, in AIFF format.  In my experience, the first beat is lined up correctly about 50% of the time.  Of those 50% of tracks that are correct from the start, about 50% of those require adjustment to the grid spacing to be aligned at the end.  Grid adjustment must be done manually and checked against the metronome.

About 10-15% of the time when I load a new track, the first beat will be out of line and the red beat will be on the wrong beat.  This must be fixed manually.

John Kiser 0 votos
Acciones de comentarios Permalink

I mainly use 320 mp3s and the occasional aiff.... i get my music from promos, beatport etc 

As i stated above I just wanted to know if anyone else gets this because it doesnt pop up anywhere on the forums.

I find it odd that no matter where the tracks are from they usually get this type of error going on....

Luke Electrik 0 votos

It's actually more odd if a software program gets the grids correct at all.

There is not a single software program in existence that can get beat grids correct automatically, 100% of the time.  Not ONE.

John Kiser 0 votos

@Luke > How do you analyse your tracks? In Normal or Dynamic mode?

What type of genres do you play? In most cases of DJ software, you are relying on an algorithm to detect the beat and some minor adjusts to the grid may be necessary.

Gavin 0 votos

I have tried both normal and dynamic with the same result

I play electro/big room type stuff. The "EDM" stuff :)

Luke Electrik 0 votos