Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publicación

2 seguidores Seguir

Deleting Duplicate Tracks from the CONTENTS folder

Hi,If I have a track (example Track A) that I want in say 3 different folders on my playlist and then I drag those 3 folders onto my USB, It creates a CONTENTS folder on my USB external HD and 3x copies of Track A are located in it. Of course this don't sound like too much of a problem but if you multiply this issue over all the tracks, it really starts to eat up your memory space on my USB external HD.My questions are:

1. Can't rekordbox just differentiate the 1 file of Track A and then just use a link to it for the other folders rather than making 3x mp3's of the same file?
  2. If I start deleting these duplicates, is there an easy way I can find out which folder they are linked to?
  3. Pioneer have brought out Serato for the CDJ 2000 Nexus, are there any plans to do the same with the CDJ 2000's. These decks aint cheap and I think its only fair to offer alternatives to us consumers isnt it?

Regards,

Matt Cooper

Matt Cooper

Iniciar sesión para dejar un comentario.

4 comentarios

regarding 3, isn't that already the case? Hook your cdj2000 up with your usb cable and voila; you should have native support. (is your firmware on your cdj2000 up to date?)

Sander de Koning 0 votos
Acciones de comentarios Permalink
  1. right click on the track a and look in "playlists including this track" in later versions on RB

2. The 2000 has had serato HID support for years

BriChi 0 votos

@BriChi

Cheers I'll try 3 this weekend. As for 2. I meant that when you drag over your playlists to a USB, it creates a CONTENTS folder on the USB. Within it are artist folders then track folders. Within the track folder you may have duplicates of the same track if that specific track has been added to many different playlists. Question is if I want to delete duplicates of the track to save space, how do I know which of the tracks corralate to which playlist (so I dont end up deleting the wrong ones). Hopefully that makes sense (see attachment).

Matt Cooper 0 votos

ohhh gotcha, when the drive is plugged in, click device obviously and you can see in RB the "Location" column (add if you don't see it) the track is in that you want and delete the track you don't want

BriChi 0 votos