This behavior was mentioned way back in this thread, too:
Display of ID3 comment tag
I use rekordbox to export my tracks to USB. In addition I'm using MixVibes Cross to manage my collection. With analysing the tracks in Cross an additional Comment Tag "COMMENT MIXVIBES_BPM" will be created.
Now there is the problem with RB. RB reads now the additional created comment tag. Is there a special order to read these tags or is this a bug that not the "real" comment will be read out?
If there is only the original comment tag existing, everything is fine in RB.
Hopefully the screenshots can show the issue.
OS / RB Information:
0) Have you read the "READ ME FIRST" thread in its entirety before posting: Yes
1) Operating System: Windows 7
2) OS Type: 64bit
3) Rekordbox version: 2.1.1 / 2.2.0
4) Using LINK: No
** 4a) LINK Connection method*: N/A
* 4b) Using with CDJs*: Yes, CDJ 2000 Nexus
**5) Hard drive / Flash drive / SD card file system: FAT32
* 5a) Does the device have multiple partitions*: No
* 5b) If it's a flash drive, is it a U3 device*: No
* 5c) With what utility did you format the device*: Windows
**6) Have you scanned your files for errors: Yes
**7) Have you scanned your drive for errors: Yes
**8) Is Rekordbox crashing at all: yes
* 8a) If crashing, is it resulting in*: Don't know
* 8b) If not crashing, are there any error messages*: Don't know
**9) Are you able to repeat / reproduce the problem: Yes
* 9a) If yes, can you do it consistently*: Yes
**10) Any other notes regarding your setup only*:
Iniciar sesión para dejar un comentario.
I don't think it is the same issue.
Other software also using ID3V2.4 can handle this different comment tags correctly. Rekordbox always displays first the other comment tags. If I delete this other comment tags, the real comment will be displayed correctly.
This behavior I only recognize in rekordbox. Even Cross from MixVibes handle this topic correctly and rekordbox will be developed by MixVibes. So what should be the reason to handle it different.