Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publicación

2 seguidores Seguir

Export/Import Playlists

Guys,

Quick question, I have 2 computers running RB 2.2.0 and I would like to merge the playlist information, If I export the playlists from one and import it to the other will it merge the playlists or over right the playlist?

Cheers Chukkel

MrChukkel

Iniciar sesión para dejar un comentario.

10 comentarios

you can export and import from one computer to another but the music files have to be in the same exact location or you have to "relocate". Also most likely you will have issues with waves, cues and loops saved unless you have the path set correctly also

also, must be same 2 computers meaning mac to mac or pc to pc, doing a cross platform import is almost impossible without jumping through 20 hoops

you can also follow this sticky post at the top of the RB foam that shows you how to use "Dropbox" to keep 2 computers synchronized

http://forums.pioneerdj.com/entries/20118196-How-to-use-Dropbox-to-synchronize-Rekordbox-databases-on-multiple-computers

BriChi 1 voto
Acciones de comentarios Permalink

OK the source drive is exactly the same, so all should be fine with that, what will happen with duplicated playlists? 

I originally copied my database to my laptop from a desktop and have used that for some gigs and now I want to sync the two.  I don't want to use dropbox, most of the time I will not have internet access on the laptop

MrChukkel 0 votos

so I guess then the best way is export/import or simply copt the "PIONEER" folder from one desktop to another, from whichever is most updated obviously 

BriChi 0 votos

I cant copy the database because each have information I want to keep..

I will Export/Import, What will happen with any duplicated playlists?

MrChukkel 0 votos

ahhhhhh gotcha, good question actually. Make a backup and give it a shot, i am not sure if importing with just overwrite your existing DB or add to it

correct me if I am wrong but it seems the only way to export and import in RB is to do a "backup" and "restore" which in that case will always overwrite existing lists on the restore

best way may be to export changed or added playlists individually and iimport them to the other computer

BriChi 0 votos

Lol - I should have checked if Import Playlist actually imports the xml file type.. 

Seems a bit backwards to have "Export Playlist Information" to xml then you cant import it?

OK scrap this thread I will do it the hard way :)

MrChukkel 0 votos

yeah, the export thing confuses me too, you CAN export, but nothing is able to import your exported file, so whats the point?!?! LOL

BriChi 0 votos

I guess it was a half implemented feature, its the kinda thing some dev guys miss ;-)

MrChukkel 0 votos

not surprised, they missed a lot in this one, :)

BriChi 0 votos