Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publicación

5 seguidores Seguir

[OPEN] Cannot export playlist to USB

Hello,

Today I wanted to put som new music on my USB sticks, which are roughly 3 weeks old and I only used them once yet. Because I like things fresh I formatted (full format, no quick format) the USB drive to exFat (like it previously was) with the standard Windows 7 tool and fired up RekordBox to export my playlist for my gig this saturday.

HOWEVER, RekordBox won't let me export the playlist. When I rightclick on my playlist to choose "Export playlist" the option is greyed out, even though my USB is perfectly discoverable and usable with Windows Explorer. It's neither available under "Devices".

I did the same to my backup USB, and after formatting RekordBox won't detect the USB anymore. I already reformatted both drives with different options and different tools but with no luck so far.

RekordBox does detect one of my cheap USB drive, but I don't feel like using it for my gig as it's old and slow.

Does anyone know what's going on here?

Stefan van Gestel

Iniciar sesión para dejar un comentario.

14 comentarios

When I format the drive as Fat32 it still doesn't work... 

However I will try it again.

Stefan van Gestel 0 votos
Acciones de comentarios Permalink

I'm not sure if rekordbox can detect the device if it is formatted while rekordbox run.

Make sure to disconnect and reconnect your device after formatting or launch rekordbox once the device is formatted.

DJ Mz 0 votos

I disconnected and reconnected it, rebooted my pc etc... 

No succes so far.

Stefan van Gestel 0 votos

@Stefan > @DJ Mz is correct - exFAT is not a support filesystem type. When formatting in FAT32 be sure to remove any partitions and rebuild the partition structure with only ONE partition, formatted FAT32. If you need assistance with this, just ask.

Pulse 0 votos

@Stefan > Can you please post your operating system version and computer system specs?

Pulse 0 votos

i know its a old topic but i just had this problem so..

i had this problem and i feel stupid now try to set recordnox in EXPORT MODE if your in PERFORMANCE MODE you can not export lol i hope it helps

18-07-2016

MTCHL 1 voto

im having the same problem. im on a mac pro

mac os 10.11.16  and rekordbox 4.2.4

rekordbox ALSO isn't export an error log so i can see what the problem is. i've already verified all songs in the playlist are correctly linked to their respective path

ethan anderson 0 votos

manually dragging the playlist OR using sync manager don't work.  i've already verified this USB brand works. (verbatim professional 64gb usb 3.0) however this particular stick is new and it will not be exported to in any of these following formats:

mac os x journaled

fat32

ethan anderson 0 votos

@Ethan > If you have recently updated to 4.2.4 and were previously using the sync manager, did you follow the additional instructions?

Please note:
 When you sync playlists which were not synced in Ver.4.2.3,
 firstly please untick the unsynced playlists and click the Sync button (the arrow icon).
 Then, tick the unsynced playlists again and click the button to sync them.

Pulse 0 votos

@pulse this problem i encountered before upgraading to 4.2.4, when i was using 4.2.3

however i tried syncing the usb stick w/ no playlists selected and then syncing again with the playlists i wanted selected. however on an older usb stick that had playlists syncd w/ 4.2.3 playlists  i am now encountering the same problem. it says error occurred but no log was made. it seems as though it is stopping the sync b/c of a song w/ an incorrect path. however when i track down which song is causing it and double click on it it plays and the path is correct. i have to manually drag the song over twice before it actually transfers. this is not an acceptable work around. rekordbox has had weird quirks and bugs since day 1.

ethan anderson 0 votos

although rekordbox software said the sync went okay, the usb key in question has the playlists listed on it when using cdj, but there are NO songs in the playlists

ethan anderson 0 votos

@pioneerdj

- You can't export your music
Do you have a FAT, FAT32 or HFS+ drive connected to your computer via USB? If so, it will appear under the Devices tab. Drag and drop your files from your collection to the device there. ***Devices connect by FireWire or Thunderbolt will not appear as export devices.***

The last sentence....was it always like this or is this new with the last update? I was able to connect to thunderbolt and export previous to the update. Now my usb wont show up under devices, even though all of the formatting and settings are correct. The last update may be a part of the issue?

Lacy Newbold 0 votos

@Lacy > Many Thunderbolt drives appear as USB devices, so that could be why it was working, but if the reason it's no longer working is that you've upgraded to macOS Ventura, that's the cause - not the drive connection type.

Pulse 0 votos