Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publicación

3 seguidores Seguir

USB in Rekordbox is nigh useless

0) Have you read the "READ ME FIRST" thread in its entirety AND TRIED THE SOLUTIONS THERE before posting: Yes, I swear it!

1) Operating System: Windows 7 and OS X (all current updates)

2) OS Type: 64bit

3) rekordbox version:3.01

4) Using LINK: No

** 4a) LINK Connection method*: N/A

4b) Using with CDJs*: CDJ2000 NXS latest firmware

**5) Hard drive / Flash drive / SD card file system
:  FAT32 (on Windows 7 USB stick) HFS+ exFAT (on OSX external HD)

5a) Does the device have multiple partitions*: No

5b) If it's a flash drive, is it a U3 device*: No

5c) With what utility did you format the device*: OSX for external USB Drive, Windows for USB stick

**6) Have you scanned your files for errors
: Yes

**7) Have you scanned your drive for errors

**8) Is rekordbox crashing at all
: No

8a) If crashing, is it resulting in*: Sometimes I get impatient and force close Rekordbox in Windows after about 20 seconds of unresponsiveness

8b) If not crashing, are there any error messages*: Standard program not responding message in windows

**9) Are you able to repeat / reproduce the problem

9a) If yes, can you do it consistently*: Yes, plug in any USB device linked to Rekordbox

**10) Does the problem occur with one specific song: No

10a) If yes, please post a link to it:

11) Any other notes regarding your setup only:

12) Provide as much detail of the issue here:

OK, So trying to copy to, or browse files on any external USB device (especially my Silicon Power 32GB Firma ZN F80 USB 2.0 Flash Drive) Rekordbox becomes unresponsive. Take for instance I copy tracks to the device from my collection and go to "Devices" to confirm the copy, it takes about 40ish seconds for Rekordbox to become responsive and display the list of tracks on that device. Same thing if I try to scroll down the list Rekordbox hangs for a long time and will eventually refresh the list view.

Same thing occurs in OSX when using an external USB HDD--albeit to a slightly lesser degree. Regardless my experience trying to use Rekordbox as a front end to manage a library across multiple platforms and devices (SD cards, USB flash drives and HDD) has been futile. I've notice once my library on the external device exceeds a dozen or so tracks Rekordbox completely bogs down.

Managing my library from an external device in the program's main collection is quick and responsive however.

Summary:

I have a large collection on an external HDD and can import tracks, analyze, set beat grids, update tags etc... without issue. Exporting to USB Flash and another external HDD in either Windows or OSX and then trying to browse those devices within Rekordbox is awfully slow. Those devices perform at their rated speeds otherwise and should therefor function as such when accessed from Rekordbox--they do not, not even close.

Daniel

Iniciar sesión para dejar un comentario.

7 comentarios

Is there somewhere one can get solutions to Pioneer products or is this a purchase and you're on your own scheme?

I understand USB can be a somewhat complex thing to troubleshoot. But nearly two months of no responses on an official forum lends me to think why should Pioneer even bother hosting a site that doesn't seem to tackle anything more complex than a "check this button" solution.

Daniel 0 votos
Acciones de comentarios Permalink

Dude, I feel you. I mean I feel the exact same way as you. It friggen crazy!

Jim Slaton 0 votos

Daniel, that usb drive may look nice, but it's old and slow. I suggest you a sandisk extreme usb 3.0 32gb. Also i suggest you to get a usb 3.0 port, but i realize if you have a laptop, that is difficult...

Anastasio 0 votos

USB 3.0 isn't supported by Pioneer right? Anyway, I've since sold my players. FWIW I did fix the slow write speed by purchasing an external drive and ditched the keys. I also ditched the players about a month ago and sold them. I just don't see a solid future in this kind of technology unless you are a sponsored DJ or want to look cool. Otherwise it's not a wise financial decision for shoddy support and uncertain reliability.

cheers all

Daniel 0 votos

Who cares if pioneer support usb3.0 on the cdj's... The export from rekordbox to your drives will be much much faster.

Anastasio 0 votos

You are correct...However I had issues with a USB3.0 device when I bought the players. Would get recognized by Rekordbox then started getting error codes on the players and wouldn't play very well between cross-platform Windows/OS X  where I do a lot of edits and remixes. Ultimately the drive partition table was ruined for unknown reasons after a CDJ session. Add into the mix incompatibilities with file system (beyond Pioneer's control I know) read/write permission between OS X and Windows I was forced to use lowest common denominator USB2 FAT32 :)

Your point stands however it is moot for me now and my life is much simpler.

Daniel 0 votos