Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publicación

4 seguidores Seguir

[SOLVED] Multiple Genre fields for Intelligent playlists

I love the the intelligent play lists but I want to make a play list that has my Deep House, Bass House and Ragga House in with Star ratings between 3 and 5.

I you set the playlist to "match all the following conditions” it will show nothing, but if you have it to “Match any of the following conditions”. it adds everything that has a star rating between 3 and 5.

Is what I want to do possible?

Cheers

Ian Jones

La publicación no admite más comentarios.

6 comentarios

I've also had similar issues trying to organise my playlists. I assumed it worked on 1st line "and" 2nd line "and" 3rd line and so on but it seems to just not add anything with multiple lines. Anyone fill in on how the logic works with these "intelligent" lists....

Thanks

Andrew Leighton 0 votos
Acciones de comentarios Permalink

Problem is the lack of modifiers i.e. "and" "or" on each condition, in your case Star Rating.

Another example using the conditions** "contains"** and "> year"  with House and Tech House dated after 2012 results in a empty playlist. Why? You can't use a modifier "or" on the genre condition e.g. select "House" or "Tech House". Therefore matching "any of the" selects House and Tech House AND all tracks dated > 2012 regardless of genre. Matching all conditions results in a empty playlist as the two genres exclude each other.

Obviously the intelligent playlists function is currently anything but.

deanwau 0 votos

The smart playlist feature from MusicBee player. Suggest you have a look. Note the "date added" modifier on condition "year" range. This is selecting only Dub House and Dub Techno genre tracks from between 2013 - 2014 and added to the music library after 01 November.

deanwau 0 votos

Flagging this for the engineers as I agree that more granular control over each parameter with "and / or" would be a huge benefit.

Pulse 0 votos

I'm told this is in the pipeline for improvement and will be available in a future update.

Pulse 0 votos