Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publicación

1 seguidor Seguir

[CLOSED] Will there be Rekordbox for Windows phone 8.1?

I'm very disappointed and it's very frustrating to see how Windows Phone is hardly ever supported. It definitely feels like forcing me to choose the phone of your likings in stead of the phone of my liking. I hope you will plan to move away from that kind of discrimination (making differences). I know Microsoft has made it very easy to convert existing apps into the Microsoft version. I'm sure you will gain a bigger part of market if you would start using it. Knowing that there is a mobile app that a DJ can use in it's workflow can make the difference in buying behaviour. A more extensive CDJ for example instead of the basic one you need for timecode DJ-ing.

Friends of mine are small time developers and for them a few hundred euro's can be quite a lot to invest but with our (your costumers) loyalty towards pioneer and other quality players in the field of music production and -performance, I think you should deliver the whole solution,  not 2/3rd and leave the rest to force. Might Linux ever get it's mobile device to be successful, you are obliged to deliver there too imho.

I work in Broadcast for the past fifteen years. You seem to think you deliver hardware and some goodies we don't pay for. That way it seems we can't make demands on the software, we can only ask and be great full to get it if we do. I think you deliver a professional packaged solution that provides a professional workflow. In 2014 you can't sell that as hardware only. We are paying for the whole lot unless your engineers and developers are volunteers of course.

And even though you 'do that for us', adding Rekordbox and Rekordbox mobile as a goodie with your hardware, you seem to somehow pay for the department that does that and still make a reasonable profit nicely said. Please explain how we do not pay for it. If you want us to pay for the software then it could never be the basics, the package you need to make it all work. Now if we would think of Addons we'd like to see, then we should pay (Some timecode based software vendors understand that new way of thinking, Or in my branch -video- they sell complete solutions (Hardware with software) with free goodies, and Addons and extra hardware you really want to buy the more professional you get).

I'm still not talking about some Lite version that doesn't save your settings because saving settings is never an Addon. But a firmware update with an extra or higher quality/ more flexible effect. That would be an acceptable Addon your costumers should pay for. Next to the necessary updates of the basic free firmware.

I hope you catch my drift and dig that....  :-)

(Something for the managers: a problem with the solution attached. What else do you want?)

ShonkaiDJ

La publicación no admite más comentarios.

5 comentarios

Hey Pulse, good to see you're still around...I see my question did not stand a chance. Topic was closed within two days. Never had an answer from you guys that quick. You might want to leave it open so we can see if there is any demand. It usually takes a little more than two days for people to find it in the first place. So: please leave it open to see if you are right about the demands and use your time and energy to solve the stuff that really needs your attention. The people that pay good money buying your gear are waiting and relying on it.

ShonkaiDJ 0 votos
Acciones de comentarios Permalink

B.t.w. It's really not very nice to close the topic so people can't respond to it anymore. We have the patience to wait for working software, maybe you should have some patience with us too.

ShonkaiDJ 0 votos

i see a few reasons why Pioneer would not do a windows mobile version (not saying its right, just stating facts)

Windows phones hold about 5% of cell phone markets, many companies don't waste their time creating apps for them, Even Serato and Traktor, 2 of the most popular DJ software companies out there have developed their apps for Apple only, they did not even do a Droid version never mind windows

The phones on droid and windows are way too fragmented, i couldn't even imagine having to develop an audio remote app worrying about the 3,000,000,000 different phones each platform has, different screen sizes, audio chips, latency issues, connectivity issues using different wifi chips and so on, Apple at least keeps their phones easy to write apps for with better audio capabilities then droid (from what I have read on N.I. forum)

again, I am not saying they should not make an app for each platform but its very hard to keep up with the phones being a new droid phone/windows phone comes out every week. There are already issues with RB app on droid tablets because new ones come out so fast and the app is not updated enough to keep up

I don't think there is nearly enough demand for this app being Pioneer has not put any time into it reentry, I couldnt tell ya the last good update that was released for it and it is still FAR from a good/perfect working app. It needs a lot of work for the platforms its on, never mind making one for another platform. I would LOVE to see a good app made, I would even pay for it, it has so much potential and Pioneer is letting it slip away

BriChi 0 votos

Ok, thank you BriChi for that answer. I see no reason now to persuade any further then. With these arguments I have no reasonable reply. It might be best to delete my other topic on Windows Phone and maybe leave this one solved and closed for other WP users to find their answer when looking for one. Thanks again for the extensive and clear reply.

ShonkaiDJ 0 votos

Sorry guys, there simply is not enough demand in the mobile market for Windows Mobile platform support. Android penetration is larger yet there are no plans to port remotebox (for the XDJ-R1) there.

As for locking, it helps us manage the threads.

Pulse 0 votos