Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publicación

2 seguidores Seguir

Rekordbox on 13" retina MBPro

Is it possible to get Rekordbox to run on a retina mac without the awful pixelation? Thanks. 

Gašper Gorenc

Iniciar sesión para dejar un comentario.

4 comentarios

I very much hope Pioneer will release a high-resolution compatible version of rekordbox 3 soon. I just upgraded from a non-Retina MacBook Pro to a Retina model, and it is incredibly painful having the text take up so much more room (so I can read far less of it) while at the same time becoming far less readable. If the program could take advantage of the actual screen resolution, I would be able to see more text, and have it be even more beautifully clear.

For now I have found a workaround that at least makes it clear, although (as you will see from the attached screen shot), it causes the waveform to render in one quarter of the space it is supposed to take up, because it draws it in half the space both vertically and horizontally. The way to do that is to modify the application definition to change the NSHighResolutionCapable value from False to True. Note that I did this on a copy of the application, and you will want to as well. The basic instructions can be found at the following link, although they say to add the two lines containing the definition of the NSHighResolutionCapable dictionary, while in the case of rekordbox, those lines already exist, and you simply need to change the False value to Truehttp://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/69038/open-in-low-resolution-checkbox-on-retina-macbook-pro-checked-and-disabled

James Elliott 0 votos
Acciones de comentarios Permalink

And for comparison, here is what the unmodified version of the program looks like, so you can see the difference in text readability, and the way the waveform draws at the proper size. This will hopefully be an easy problem for the software engineers to fix, so we can run it with the best of both worlds:

James Elliott 0 votos

Thanks for the info, lets hope it's corrected in an update. 

Gašper Gorenc 0 votos

Try the ResolutionTab app (or something similar). I find it reasonably useful. You can map a shortcut for switching between 2 (recently selected) resolutions, so it's an okay way of getting around the lack of retina support (if your eye sight permits it). 

Gašper Gorenc 0 votos