Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publicación

2 seguidores Seguir

New to Rekordbox

Hi all,

I've recently migrated from CDj1000's to CDJ2000nxs's and Rekordbox via PC laptop, and I've got a couple of questions.

Is there a way in RB to show which tracks are in a similar key to the currently playing track?  I find it a little un-intuitive to have to use the RekordBox button on the CDJ to search for tracks that are in a compatible key.  Is there something in RB that highlights tracks for me?

Also, in RB, there is the track rating stars which I'm adding to my imported music.  Why can't I see this rating category on the CDJ ?

Thirdly, I cannot seem to be able to export my songs to USB stick or USB HDD, in order for my library to be portable and pluggable into just the CDJ's.  At the moment I'm reliant on the laptop all the time, but I don't want to have cart it around all the time if I can just carry USB devices with me.  I've tried the export function, but the CDJ tells me that "this song needs analysing in RekordBox before quantisation is available" - or something.  I don't know what i'm doing wrong.

Thanks.

Zac James

Iniciar sesión para dejar un comentario.

4 comentarios

Hey congrats on the upgrade!

1. There is the Category & Sort option in preferences in Rekordbox- be sure to add the "Key". On the player while browsing your collection hit the menu button (top right) and you should see the sort options) Also when you have rekordbox connected or the SD/HDD drive connected you can also browse your entire collection via key (and other choices like bpm, date added..etc) 

2. I don't use the rating system at all, but might be in the category & sort option

3. Make sure your USB/HDD is formatted into ExFat32 or Fat32 (if possible) avoid NTFS as it's not compatible with rekordbox. 

maDJam 0 votos
Acciones de comentarios Permalink
  1. see madjam answer if you want to see the key information on the CDJ display

2. AFAIK playing with the rb settings you cannot have more than two info displayed on the CDJ in the list mode to be chosen between key, bpm and star rating. I keep bpm and key and for the star rating you can hit the INFO button and see it there, and hit again INFO to go back to the list mode

3. Maybe it's a stupid question but...have you imported and analyzed correctly all the tracks? When you import tracks rb should analyze them automatically, but if I remember correctly there is an option to prevent the automatic analysis. Also as madjam says, do not use NTFS on the USB device (fat32 or mac file system work but not NTFS)

Julia O 0 votos

Thanks for the replies maDJam & Julia,

I think that I badly worded my first question.  On the CDJ, I can hit the browse button, and it allows me to list all my tracks in their various categories, with "Key" being the one I use most, as it lists only the tracks that are in a similar or same key to the track that is playing.  This is really awesome.  However, what I mean is, can this function not be used from the RB software on the laptop itself?  I know that I can sort my tracks by the key column, but then I have to mentally work out which notes go with each other.  I'm not always going to use the same key, I want to use another key, like 5ths, or 7ths.  It seems really intuitive on the CDJ, just not so much in the RB app.  It would be nice for the RB app to highlight which notes go with each other.

Zac James 0 votos

Ok, I understand. No, I don't think it's possible, you can only see the key and sort by key and I have never checked if the sorting is done just alphabetically or it's a "smart" sorting that sorts the key musically, tho if i had to bet my money i'd bet it on the dumb sorting LOL.

It's not intuitive, also the standard musical notation used by rb doesn't help, there are better readable notations like the open key or the camelot ones.

Julia O 0 votos