Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publicación

3 seguidores Seguir

[SOLVED] Disabling the "genre" autofill function?

Hi there

For some reason in the 3.0.2 version the autofill is pretty annoying and fills the genre field as soon as I type the 1st letter, even if I do not want it to.

Is there any way to disable it?

Thanks

julienx2k2

La publicación no admite más comentarios.

7 comentarios

It's a main category for searching and organizing so it is featured.  You can hide it by dragging the category next to it over and make it unseen..

Jay 0 votos
Acciones de comentarios Permalink

Thx but I do not want to hide it! I also use it as a categorization/searching tool indeed :)

Problem is, if I start to type in a genre, RB autofills the rest of the field and I always have to erase all the BS it suggests before being able to correctly input the genre.

Example: I want to type in Deep House/Funky/Vocal

• I type "D" and automatically RB outputs "Dance"; I continue to type and it becomes "Danceeep House"
  • I correct that and type "/"
  • RB automatically fills the genre with "Deep House/Atmospheric/Dub"
  • I erase all the BS and finally end up with what I want

This issue started with 3.0.2. It takes at least twice as much time to categorize the tracks now; plus all the frustration.

Any hint? 

julienx2k2 0 votos

I'll mention it, but having it auto type the field is a request for most searching, I'll ask about disabling but I doubt it, but I'll ask...

Jay 0 votos

The engineers suggest the following procedure to get to the category you want.

For example, when you input "D", "Dance" is autofilled.

If you want to use the autofilled genre, you can just press the Return key to select "Dance".

If you want to use "Deep House" instead of "Dance", you can just continue typing "eep House".

Then, the autofilled "ance" is automatically cancelled and "Deep House" can be selected.

I hope this helps, they also pointed out that this has been around since 2.0.0. 

....................................................................................

Jay -2 votos

Is there a way to edit the genres RB is suggesting? I once wrote some wrong and now RB is always suggesting me the wrong speeling, e.g. if I want to write "Deep House" it's being changed to "Deep housee"...

Lars Behnke 0 votos

Go to the right side of the screen in RB and you will see a TAG that shows all of the genres.  You can click on the Deep Housee and rewrite it in as Deep House. 

Jay 0 votos

The autofill is based on any genre you already have in your collection. You can either select from one of the existing genres or continue to fill your own. There is no way to disable the autocomplete other than cleaning up your tags so they match what you want to exist. ;)

Pulse -1 votos