Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publicación

1 seguidor Seguir

Multiple Folders

Would like a future version of rekordbox to cater for multiple folders, like Traktor does.

I have my music in separate folders of genre on my HD. Traktor loads these via the Favourites Tabs.

rekordbox needs this also to allow for easy searching of tracks within a certain genre.

Shªun_N

Iniciar sesión para dejar un comentario.

6 comentarios

I second that, Folders and a changeup in both CDJ 2000 and nexus firmware with the option to close of the "cd record" that holds the information in the display, i use Wav, and i want to be able to see the whole string of words, without having a rolling text.

Cheers!

Martin (SzM) Andersson 0 votos
Acciones de comentarios Permalink

you can make folders of playlists, that's the way I do it both in traktor and rekordbox.

Julia O 0 votos

Julia O - So I can create a Playlist in rekordbox and drag & drop files to the Playlist?

I want to keep my main Music database separate.

Shªun_N 0 votos

I did this, but like Trakor, it still includes the tracks in the main "collection" list.

I just wanted to keep certain tracks separate from the main collection.

This doesn't work for me.

Shªun_N 0 votos

I am not sure to understand what you mean.

In Traktor you cannot create folders for files, the same as rekordbox, it's a big database that contains all the tracks. The "folder" icons that you see in the traktor are either created by traktor automatically (like tracks, artists...) or they are playlists that you create and you can drag to your favorites.

If you have too many playlists you can create folders of playlists, but in both programs you do not really have files in folders, you have one main collection list where everything goes and that is the traktor/rb database. The files will be organized in folder by yourself (or iTunes if you use it) and traktor or rb just read those files and create a big list (the main "collection" list) in order to find them quickly, but neither of them will move the files around into folders.

Julia O 0 votos

if you have just the collection of course it is not very usable, you need to organize the songs in playlist, and you can do it exactly in the same way both in traktor and in rb. Create all the playlist that you want (and you can even nest them into folders of playlists) and drag the songs from the collection into the playlists or right click on the songs and chose to which playlist you want to send them. In any case you are not moving the songs to the playlists, the songs are still in the collection and their files are on your hard disk where you (or iTunes) put it before.

Julia O 0 votos