Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publicación

2 seguidores Seguir

[CLOSED] Launch date new rekordbox? // Liscence key issue ...

Dear Pioneer Team,

I downloaded rekordbox a few days ago but wasn't able to register anywhere in order to get a liscence key.

When I finally found a possible link to register it only leads to a 404 error page.

Now you can find the following message on the rekordbox page: "We are now temporary suspending issuing the licence key, during our rekordbox renewal preparation."

Why do you close the door for any new users at the moment? I guess it is not the best strategy to annoy your customers.

Is there any information when the new rekordbox will be launched or when you will give out new liscence keys?

For my upcoming gigs I have to prepare a whole track library for the use with the Pioneer CDJ 2000 series want to be able to use the full range of possibilities.

Thans for your reply!

Phonk

La publicación no admite más comentarios.

5 comentarios

Sorry, there is a long and complicated legal reason why Pioneer has made this change. If you already used rekordbox you would have a serial number. If you purchased a CDJ, there would have been a serial with the hardware. If you are REALLY stuck, let me know and I'll help you out.

Pulse 0 votos
Acciones de comentarios Permalink

Pulse what gives??? Why the hush hush? And if something new is coming can't we put our 2 cents in? I particularly would like to see a True Rekordbox for iPad app. This would be huge and I would pay for it. It is to clunky today and crashes. In addition all of the latest Phones (mostly Android) aren't even supported?

Philip Gaitan 0 votos

Hi Pulse,

thanks for your reply. I downloaded the rekordbox for the first time and never used it before (and I don't have own hardware).

But now that I am touring a lot during the next weeks/months and every location provides CDJ 900 or 2000 I wanted to be able to use the full range of possibilities.

I must have hit exactly the gap between the stop of giving out new licence keys and the announcement to do so.

So if possible  it would be great if you could help me out :)

Thanks in advance and best regards.

Phonk 0 votos

IMHO having to register and get a licence key is already enough bad PR for a free software. You just make life more difficult to people that want to use your products, bad PR, bad marketing, bad message to your costumers.

Second: not allowing the people to register now is extremely stupid. You are pissing off hundreds of potential customers, there's no lame legal excuse for this.

Third: keeping up 2.2.4 is another mistake, take it down and put back 2.2.3.

I rarely see companies more stubborn than Pio...

Julia O 0 votos

@Phonk > Sorry, unfortunately due to legal reasons Pioneer can no longer issue licenses for rekordbox 2.x. As they've stated, a new version is on the way and the good news is it will not require registration. 

@Julia > It's not bad PR to require registration for something free. Practically every free web service requires a registration / account creation of some kind. This allows the companies to track the program's usage and provide betters support. As for it being "stupid," I agree it's bad timing in that there's no option for users but to wait, but there are perfectly legitimate legal reasons why Pioneer can no longer issue licenses for the software. Unfortunately I am not able to disclose them to the public. As for 2.2.4 being a mistake - I have to disagree, it had more fixes than new problems.

Pulse 0 votos