Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Publicación

3 seguidores Seguir

RB 3.0 Not anlaysing .aiff file

got about 5 tunes into my aiff files and just sits on 91% of one of my tracks, if you like i will upload the file to a dropbox or something? I bought this track from beatport 

Zeus Tunage

Iniciar sesión para dejar un comentario.

10 comentarios

sure, upload it, i'd like to see if I can analyze it

have you tried stuff like removing the album art just to see where the problem may lay?

BriChi 0 votos
Acciones de comentarios Permalink

ive had this before... normally closing rekordbox, then running osx (mac) disc utility.. then reopening rekordbox sorts the problem.

ive had this on mp3, wav and aiff files... and pretty much every time the disc permissions were wonky.. if your on a pc then i have no idea?

Matt Jackson 0 votos

I have Zeus Tunage's file, confirmed it stops at 91%. 

I have renamed it and delete artwork, still have the issue, i had to convert it in iTunes to AIFF again and then it was fine

BriChi 0 votos

From time to time there will simply be a file which has damage, corruption or other malformed data bits causing software not to read it properly. It may play fine as an audio file through an audio player, but the key and waveform analysis performed by rekordbox are not just "playing the audio" so it's possible that this can happen.

If you want to post it here for the engineers to take a look at that would be appreciated.

Pulse 0 votos

here ya go pulse <snip>

Zeus Tunage, I hope you don't mind I posted it, just trying to speed up the testing for ya

BriChi 0 votos

Thanks - keep the file there, I've simply removed the link from the public, I've added it to the ticket for the engineers.

Pulse 0 votos

guys just to add this file analysed ok in 2.3 without reincoding to .aif in itunes.... not really a big issue as only 1 file but good to know engineers are looking into it as imj sure we all buy alot of aif's from beatport

Zeus Tunage 0 votos

Engineers report the file is damaged; the file information in the header says the file is 7:12 length but the file is truncated at 6:39 (roughly 91%).

Pulse 0 votos

Sure enough, when I played the track, at 6:39 there is a "phssszzhshshshttt!" and that's the end of the song.

Pulse 0 votos